• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

HELP! I'm in over my head...

Started by GP, March 21, 2007, 03:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Gerlinde,

You're getting his features pulled out pretty well, but you're battling with the same issue I am.  Shading.  The little guy you've cleaned up looks very flat-faced because of the lack of contour shading.  I think I mentioned in the thread with my current little guy that I found making a separate layer and using the original as a template for creating shading works best for me.  I still have to work on the technique, obviously, but with the original you can really see how the darker colors bring out the contours and have a great guide for the gradations in shade to get curves where you need them.  And if anything goes awry, as it usually does with my attempts, you can erase areas you're not happy with and start over.

As for the squeegee website, I'm sort of embarrassed about that.  I sent my avatar out to hunt it down for us, and he came back with a mouse and a bunch of catnip. Not one stinkin' squeegee!

Have a great weekend.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Those darn cats!!!  >:(        That's all I have to say too that ! ::)

Thanks for your response, Glenna and have a great weekend too.

Gerlinde  :hug:
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit