• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need some opinions

Started by Marydh, July 25, 2010, 02:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Have a couple of issues I know you guys can help me with:
- I took the liberty of using motion blur on the arms since he's running.  Is that okay?
   I just couldn't get his right arm to look right.
- He's looking older than how I picture him in my head but I don't know how to fix it.
- Any idea what the bottom of his shirt says or is it okay the way it is?

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Mary

Marydh

One more thing.  Should I try to make the background clearer?
I thought since the original photo was blurry to begin with that I
should basically leave it like that.
Thanks,
Mary

Johnboy

Mary,

He is looking good. Since the boy is basically back lite, you might try darkening his face a little. I think adding some shadow under the eyes and deepen the shadow slightly in the laugh lines will add more definition to the face. I think the depth of field is contributing to the blurry background and I agree leaving it that way.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi Mary

I started to post to you about 7 hours ago, and my computer froze.  Fortunately nothing serious.  JB mentioned a couple of the things I was going to say, especially about the shading on his face.  I also agree with him that the background is fine.

The only other thing that struck me was that I think he has more hair in the original. There's an area that's very light - almost blown out - at the top left, as we see him, that I think is hair that also continues down to the side.  I'll post a version with the hair area indicated.

Not many picks on a really tough restoration.  Nice job!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Marydh

Hi GK and Johnboy,
Thanks for the tips and you were so right about the shading.
Tried it yesterday but overdid it.  Trying again today then I'll tackle the hair.
(ARGH)
Mary