• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New here... from Northwest Florida

Started by TimeAfterTime, February 23, 2009, 12:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimeAfterTime

Hey there!

I live in a rural community in the Panhandle area of Florida between Tallahassee and Panama City;  :cool: so, I fully appreciate the importance of protecting and preserving photographic history. I've packed up photo albums so many times during hurricane season, I finally got them all scanned onto my hard drive and backed up on disc. Much easier, lighter and less cumbersome for outrunning hurricanes. Our county was hit the year before Katrina by Ivan and we lost some lives and some property. I am the accounting manager for a credit union by day and use my downtime at night restoring old photos, enhancing new photos and/or building digital collages or scrapbook pages. My Alma Mater is Florida State University (BS Business Management).

I've been playing around with photo restoration since around 2005-06. I use Microsofts's Picture-It (a complimentary free copy) and their Digital Image Suite. I will eventually move into the Adobe software since MS is allegedly dropping their imaging enhancement software... so I will probably be bugging all of you Photoshop experts with a gazillion questions!

I finally decided to give myself a business name, Time After Time, and built an informational website with a small slide show showing my work. Some of them are my first practice runs using photos coworkers and credit union members brought in occasionally.

I'm so excited to be accepted into OPR and will put my heart into restoring someone's precious moment in time for future generations to enjoy. Here we go.... !

Sincerely,
Verena, owner
Time After Time    http://www.timeaftertimephotos.com

"Preserving your past for the future."

glennab

Hi Verena

Welcome from another potential hurricane victim in West Central Florida (St. Pete).  I'm sure  your experience will be a great asset to OPR, and when you get Photoshop and have questions, post them on the forum, and you'll be sure to get answers.

We have a great cause and an incredible global membership that never ceases to amaze me.  I hope you find your experience here as rewarding as I've had as a "charter member."

I envy you for having your photos on disk.  I say I'm going to do it, but life gets in the way.  It's horrifying to imagine myself being one of the people like those we met on the Biloxi run, carrying plastic boxes of what few memories they had left of their lives – covered in mold and other obnoxious wet toxic matter.

At least here we can give back a little of what they lost.  Best job in the world!

Bless,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Verna, welcome from Kansas! Looks like you are have already been bitten by the restoring bug. You will find this is a fun bunch of people and a great place to exchange ideas.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome to the forum Verna. There are plenty of brains to pick here, even if they are a bit frazzled. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]