• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thoughts Are With Tess

Started by Mhayes, February 02, 2010, 02:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi All,

Right now one of our own is in a very bad situation! Tess Cameron, TassieD, lives in Tasmania, Australia where wildfires are raging. I heard from Tess two days ago and the fires were 50 miles from where her family lives and the smoke is so thick over their house that they had to close everything up. I pulled this up on the Internet and the conditions are not good over there: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/02/2807357.htm

Keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, whatever in the hopes that fires do not reach where she is living. Max, how close are any of the fires to you?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, this is terrifying!  Has Tess had to move her family to be safe?  Do they have power?

I have fingers crossed, eyes crossed, and I'll send up prayers in hopes that I have clout with a few guardian angels who'll watch over Tasmania and especially Tess and her family.  Please let me know when she's able to receive e-mails.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

It must be so frightening to be so close to a wildfire. 
I hope there will be rain soon...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

We are fine thanks everyone. The smoke comes and goes with the wind but is very thick sometimes. Everything smells like smoke in the house. We are all praying for some rain to give the worn out firefighters a hand but there isnt any around in the forecast for the next couple of days.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Tess, I'm relieved that you're all okay.  I know what  you mean about getting a break for the firefighters.  We have wildfires across Florida during our droughts, and those heroes work so hard to keep us all safe.  Here's hoping for rain in Tasmania and soon!

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

lurch

Tess, doing a SoCal-style rain dance for you and the firefighters. They are heroes aren't they!
<C>

Candice

You get the fires like Oklahoma and California.  Keep safe!!
Candice

Mhayes

Tess, so happy you are safe.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

My thoughts are with you Tess.   Hope you are protecting your lungs, masking your nose and mouth.   

Take care   :hug:

Nancy

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks everyone. After a good soaking rain the night before last the air is clean again. Most of the fires are out or contailned except for one in the wilderness area a long way from here.
Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the Black Saturday fires in Victoria so its a sad time.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Tassie did you post last years pictures of did Truckrsau?  No matter, what a tough time then and now.

You are thankful for the rain and we are for you, also.
Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Max posted the photos last year. They had a 2 hour special on the ABC channel last night about the fires last year. It was a very moving story of the survivors and people they lost.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]