• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need feedback, please!

Started by glennab, August 14, 2006, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Gurus,

I'm at a point with this image that I'm not sure how much further to take it.  (or if I've already gone to far)

This is the original:

Here's where I am at this point.

I would be so grateful for any observations, suggestions, critiques.  Thanks so much!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi GG,

Boy, this was a tough one.  With the exception of the eyes, I think you've done well.  The pupil of her left eye seems a bit too large and not round enough.  Also, the eye color seems a bit different from the original, as the original eyes look blue.  Try using the color picker on the original eye, and then use that color to "paint" the eye color in the restored picture.  Other than that, I think you did a great job!

Christine

glennab

Thanks, Christine

You're right about the eyes.  I'll have to revisit them.  This is a painting, so I'm not sure how much is artist's latitude.  I'll definitely work on the blue and the shape.  She's gorgeous, and this was a super challenge! I want it to be perfect, but I know that's not possible.  Still would like to get as close as possible.

I appreciate your thoughts, for sure.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cgman

Hi, if you are using photoshop adjust your levels (ctrl-L on windows)  to about 158 and do a slight gaussian blur.  you will see more contour of the sleeves, face and  ear.  you will also see some detail in the hair too.  Granted, I don't have access to the original hi-res, but you will see what i mean.   you can also play with curves to find the jawline.  Alway build on your layers.