• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My !st Phot Please critique

Started by sapvega, March 07, 2008, 10:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapvega

klassylady25

The photo is very small so it's very hard to see details but one thing might be to even out the picture. Rotate it so that the picture is not leaning. to the left, but is level. 

Welcome!
Candice

cmpentecost

Very nice!  Great job at cleaning up the damage!

Christine

mschonher

Looking good, I agree with Candy about making the picture straight.........Mary

schen

The restoration looks very good.  I am not sure about straightening it.  The woman is very close to the right margin.  If you rotate and crop, there will be little left between her and the margin.  Also, you will have to crop off some of her hair that is already cropped.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

kiska

Yep. A straightening would take more of her hair; some of which is already gone.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/93872070

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

laportelj

I think she may be showing her treasures, in that case a blury restoration of the pieces would be more appropriate than a duplication of the others to clean up.
(Just my opinion)
Jane

glennab

Hi SV

I agree with Jane.  The items on the table must be very important to the lady, since she has them on display.  I'd clean up what's actually there as best I could and leave what's not discernable as is.  I also noticed what looks like an item (furniture?) in the lower right. I'm wondering if that might also be worth cleaning up, rather than removing. It could be part of the display.

Your clean up is impressive!  We just have to be cognizant of the fact that each item in the photos could have special meaning to the owners and try to keep as much of the original as we can. It's really difficult to leave something in the restoration that's less than perfect, but it's what we have to do to be faithful to our objective of giving back as much as we can of exactly what was in the original.  A painful learning process that I suspect we've all had to deal with at some point.

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)