• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

We need a "Galveston Gazette!"

Started by glennab, May 01, 2009, 03:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Galveston crew

I'm glad you're home safely and had a rewarding run. I'm looking forward to more photos and videos (I don't want to hear any "what happens in Galveston stays in Galveston" crap.  That line's already been used and abused by volunteers who shall remain unnamed!).

Margie, it was great to finally see you in one of the videos.

Um... Dino, your skydiving footage is awesome, but I do question the sanity of someone who'd jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

Get a good rest, and thanks for representing us, gathering more images to repair and sharing so much of your experience.  You're all the very best!

Hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

Quote from: hoodman3 on May 04, 2009, 11:06:41 PM
Dave,

My parents stayed up until the end of the broadcast (10 PM) and they didn't show your interview.
The media in Texas was tough on OPR. Or maybe sloppy. John's video is nice for me. At least it's a record.

Pete

Pete, it was great to meet you.  If Christine and I go into the city and there is time, maybe we can meet up again for lunch.  I'll pm you her email address so you can send her movie location tips.

and hey, it looks like the Cowboys actually had a few injuries, some serious, at that training facility we were talking about at dinner.