• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

From The Desk of Klassylady - 2 new challenges

Started by klassylady25, April 10, 2007, 09:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

I'll post one this morning and one this evening. But here is the first.  Let me know what you see and think.  Thanks. 

glennab

Hi Candy

I love her hair and the background!  You're off to a great start.  My observations are that her chin should be more rounded (it looks as if you might have followed the contour of one of the cracks at the right, rather than the actual shape of the chin), and her left eye as we see her looks too small.  There's a slight bit of shading across her nose that makes it look indented.  I suspect you're still working on smoothing the colors on her face, because they're a bit splotchy (if you've figured out an efficient way to accomplish that, I'd love to know the secret.  I've been struggling with the disparity of coloring in my little boy.)

One of the things that fascinates me about these restorations is trying to pick up the really subtle bits of shading that shape a person's face. Getting it right is much more of a challenge than I would have ever guessed.

At any rate, this lovely lady looks well on her way to heading home.

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi Candy and Glenna,

I'm not so sure about the chin.  I thinks she has a rather square chin, and a double chin at that.  Perhaps softening the squared chin a bit, but otherwise Candy, you've done a fantastic job on this one.

Christine

klassylady25

Maybe the shadowing/shading at this point on the chin will work on it just a bit more.  Thanks Glenna and Christine for taking time to view.   Here's the other one for ya'll to view, though  I've not started to work on the girls yet.  Still reminds me of the other one I just finished.  It was on the old post.

klassylady25

Chin is now better :up:  Now on to the next while I wait for your thoughts.     

cmpentecost

glennab

Hi Candy

Great work.  She looks mah-velous.  I can't get over that wonderful background color.  It rocks!

The next one looks nigh unto impossible.  But if anyone can do it, you're the one.  I did play around with it and was able to pull up some detail by changing the mode to CMYK, using the Image-Apply Image and multiplied the magenta channel.  It wasn't crisp by any stretch, but I saw more features with that method than any other I tried.  Good luck with that bear!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Sent home tonight......  :loveit: