• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Texas

Started by dbarttx, November 03, 2009, 11:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbarttx

Greetings All!
My name is Dena and I'm new to OPR.  I think what OPR is doing is fantastic.  I restored some photos for a friend of mine that had water and mold damage.  She was thrilled.  I look forward to providing what services I can to those who have lost so much.

Dena

MichiganRob

Welcome

The restores are hard the people are great hope you enjoy your stay, I sure have

MichiganRov

Mhayes

Hi Dena, greetings from Kansas. It is great to have you join and you already are off to a great start.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Dena, welcome to the forum from Amsterdam!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Dena

Welcome from Florida. Since you've already experienced the great feeling of repairing someone's damaged history, you're in for an exceptional treat here!  It's great that we're still getting newbies, because you guys so enrich the crowd.  New ideas, new perspectives.

We're all here to help you should you run into a snag (as we all do from time to time), so don't hesitate to post if you have any questions.  Since many of us are working on our 4th year with OPR, there's a tad of expertise at your disposal.

Rob, since you're a relative newbie, I'm glad to know that your experience has been positive.  That verifies for Dena that the occasional abuse is worth it.  We be just a little bit off kilter, but we have to let loose once in a while, or we'd go bananas from pushing weirdly-placed pixels as much as we do.

I'm so glad you joined us.

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Welcome Dena from Ohio. It sounds like you already had a taste for restoring damaged photos. It is that feeling of satisfaction of doing something worth while that keeps us around. I echo the comments from Glenna. Rob's statement about the restores being hard is not all true. I have had some pretty easy ones in the past. A photo that remains in a gallery for a long time usually means its looks to be a tough one depending on your expertise. The good side is when you post to the forum you will get some help within a few days. Also, look through the Forum as there are many great gems that will help with restores. You might want to book mark them for reference.

Great to have you with us and the best in pushing the pixels.

Johnboy