• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Stuck on this one

Started by Tess (Tassie D), June 15, 2007, 09:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Oh I'm having fun with this one. These are low res of what I'm working on and I'm still blending the arm etc.
The original shows possibly plants along the brick wall? Add some or leave out?
The area around the feet and up to the brick wall is gravel or mulch I think but theres so little of it to sample I'm open to suggestions.
The boy is wearing sneakers and the guy looks like he has maybe tan colored boots?
Click for large view.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hey Tess

Take a look at your blue channel only.  It shows the shoes best.  It appears that both guys are wearing sneakers.  The boy's are the more fashionable chunky ones for the "young set," and the older guy looks as if his are regular running shoes. I don't know if any channel mixing would give you more detail or not.  Actually you've gotten a great start. I think you're right about the mulch.  The shape isn't right for gravel -- it looks organic to me.

Look forward to seeing where you end up with this one.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Tassie,

this looks great allready! I'm opting for mulch or bark around the tree. There are definitely some plants along the wall of the house, so you could probably add a little greenery, but I don't think it matters that much. The people are most likely what the owner is interested in.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Tess (Tassie D)

Ok, I'm at the end hopefully. I'm taking picsof 2 pairs of sneakers in daylight tomorrow and will use them for the feet. Anything you guys can see that I've missed?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Wow, Tess,  great job.  I have only a few observations to throw at you.  The  younger man's chin needs to be rounded a bit, I think.  There's a bit of an angle that shouldn't show.  I see some white spots around his shorts (i'm aware you're still working on it.)  The area of the driveway and mulch shows a lot of cloning, which wouldn't take long to go over and be rid of.  And the only other thing is that the mulch doesn't really look like mulch.  It's usually a browner color and thicker (you can see some of that in the original).

Your greenery looks just fine, as does the rest of the background.  Nice work!  You may be a newbie to OPR but obviously you're no newbie to restoration.  I think we should keep you!

Hugs, and have a wonderful day.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

:up2:  You're almost home, white tennies and all.  Mulch needs to be a shade darker......... good work!!

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks everyone. I agree with the mulch, will keep hunting for some thicker stuff. I'll smooth that chin out a bit more. Gotta drag out the shoes now and set them up to use.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Sending this one home. It's a 6x4 so its fairly small. I can't get the shoes any better so I think I'm better off not to work it too much. I found some better mulch and it fits in better.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

SweetSam

Great work!
Hey, I'd like to ask, if you work on a photo that is high res, and find some texture or pics to replace part of a photo, but the replacement objects are 72 dpi, can they be used anyway?
~ Debbie

Using Photoshop CS2 on my Mac G4

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

SweetSam

~ Debbie

Using Photoshop CS2 on my Mac G4