• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First restoration of Biloxi run

Started by schen, September 08, 2007, 07:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

Should I tone down her forehead a little?  Is the background too busy?  Any other comments are welcome.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Schen you did a great job on this one!  I love how you cleared up that texture like area!

I don't think the background is too busy, it is very close to the original, clouds and all.
I agree that the shiny spot on the forehead should be just a little less shiny.
Maybe you can also add a little burn to the hair where it meets the neck and shoulder line on both sides, and around her face.  Also the dress could use a little burn just around the edges.

Good job!   :up:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Beautiful job Schen. I noticed a bit of yellowing still under her chin on her left side and a tiny bit of it running up her left cheek near the hairline?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Chen

I think she looks great.  Hannie and Tess's suggested tweaks would be the icing on the cake. The background is just right.  And I'm thrilled to see one of the portraits I processed get restored!  This is one of the photos which the owner was amazed to learn could be restored to look as good as or better than the original.  You've made good on my statement.

I can see this is going to be more personal than I anticipated when I see one of "my" photos ready to go home.  It's exciting!

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

rockthumper

Wow, top job.  :up:
The facial highlights do need to be toned down a little but then I'd say the same about the original. A agree a touch more burn on the dress would be good, There's a dark rectangle at the bottom of the V of the dress which doesn't look right to me but may make sense in full size.
RT.

Ratz

Beautiful Schen!! The suggestions the others  have made will just finish her off :up:
The owner will be so pleased.Well done.

schen

Thank you for all the great suggestions.  I will finish them up before sending her home.
Shujen Chen

schen

Taking all your comments in, I finished it and sent her home.  Your eyes and comments helped me improve the quality of the work.  Thanks.
Shujen Chen

schen

Another harder than it appeared.

I thought to be lazy and pick an easy one this time.  No such luck.

After extracting the best grayscale from the red channel, I saw millions of hairline scratches!   Fortunately, they seemed to respond very well to the healing brush.

clickable thumbnail

Shujen Chen

klassylady25

She's a cutie that's for sure.  I thought about grabbing her but then saw a few others that caught my eye.  I'm glad you've got her.   Aren't her eyes lovely!

sanbie

I picked her to schen..So you got her!...she adorable isn't she? I am sure you will do your usual superb job on her!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Ratz

I also picked this  one, she is really a cutie.
Good luck Schen :)

schen

Thanks for the encouragement.  I am done with her face and hair.  The cloth is harder because it has dot pattern on it.  I hope to finish it tomorrow and I will post the result for your comments. 
Shujen Chen

schen

This is the latest state of restoration:

Shujen Chen