• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mel's workshop

Started by melrcomp, March 04, 2007, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melrcomp

Hey guys,
I thought this one was going to be easy, but I've ran into a problem i believe.
I think he's wearing a shirt that has a few buttons on it. I just can't make them out on the original. I'm not very versed in rebuilding things that have no info at all on it. Am i right? He does have a button shirt on? also, what should i do about that? lol! help!  :-\
- Mel

Kenny

Mel, I looked and I honestly can't make out anything. His shirt has a collar, so that leads me to think it's a polo-type shirt, which would have 2 or 3 buttons. Personally I'd just add some subtle buttons to it and clean the area up.

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

cmpentecost

Hi Mel,

I'd have to agree with Kenny.  I think if you put something very subtle and light, similar to a button, that would be fine.  Other than that, a slight clean up at the very bottom of the photo, along the yellow of his shirt, and you should be able to send him back home!

Thanks.

Christine

glennab

Hi Mel

I'll add my agreement to Kenny's and Chris's assessment.  At first I thought it might be just a v-necked shirt, but because the reddish stripe has a vertical break in it, that would suggest a placket, which would suggest buttons.  I also agree that very subtle would be the way to go.

I can see a little evidence of cloning near his hairline, but otherwise he looks nearly ready to go home.  I appreciate the way you've kept the texture/grain so even in the rest of the image.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

melrcomp

Hiyas.
Thanks for all your input! :)
- Mel