• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

T-shirts!

Started by cmpentecost, May 29, 2008, 03:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

As you all know, an OPR volunteer will get a coveted, one of a kind OPR t-shirt after finishing 10 restorations, or submitting 100 posts into the forum.  I've been sending a lot of t-shirts out, and am trying to find everyone that has met this goal, but I'm sure I've missed a few people.  If you've met this goal and I've not contacted you, please let me know. 

Anyway, we have a volunteer who is serving in Baghdad, and he is now our first person in Iraq with an OPR t-shirt.  So, thank you to Mark Hanley for helping OPR, while at the same time serving our country!

Christine

Per Mark, the background is Saddam's parade ground.  These huge swords are at each end and a large ampitheater is in the middle.  It is in the International Zone in Baghdad.

Atlantis

I logged in to announce that It Has Arrived!! and noticed I did not even have to start a new thread for it. I cherish the lovely note  :hug: that came with it and made the whole family, including my Belarussian guest (who stays with us for a few weeks) read it. Thank you very much! I'm sorry I did not have time to make a photo to proof it's really in my house, maybe tomorrow.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

mschonher

Dear Mark

I hope you're reading this thread because on the behalf of me and my family, we would like to thank you for your service to our Country, and for the sacrifices that you and your family make every day, so that we can live in the land of the free.  God Bless you Mark  and all your buddies there in Baghdad, and keep you safe from harm.  All that service and you still find time to help us out here at OPR.  You are amazing! I am honored and so proud to be here with you at OPR.  Come home soon.  :loveit:

With Much Love and Gratitude,

The Schonher Family

klassylady25

My two favorite things Mark are, well three actually: 
#1 - YOU
#2 - OPR
#3 - And an EMPTY parade ground!

Keep up the good work  :up2: :-*

Candice

kiska

Thank you, Mark.  :up:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

hoodman3

Mark,

Thanks for everything you're doing for this country and OPR! Get home safe!

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

glennab

Hi Mark

What an awesome photo of you IN UNIFORM, IN BAGDAD, with an OPR T-SHIRT.  You are beyond special for not only serving in the military but also for helping restore photos as one of our volunteers.

A word of warning, however, if you haven't been following the forum.  The OPR uniform now requires volunteers to wear bright red shoes with the t-shirt.  Good luck with that, my friend!

Be safe, and thank you for everything you're doing!  You make us all proud.

Hugs from Florida,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Mark,

We're all so proud of you! Thanks for the great photo.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnboy

Mark,

From a Vietnam Vet, thanks for serving. I was a swabby so all my service was at sea aboard aircraft carriers. Thanks for being part of OPR. I imagine it helps to fill the time when you are not on patrol or standing other duty. Please extend my thanks to the others in your unit. Keep cool as I understand it gets really hot over there. Keep safe. We all look forward to hearing that you and your unit returned safely.

Loved your photo with the shirt. Shouldn't Chris have sent the olive drab version so you could wear it under your fatigues?

Johnboy

jneil2

Hi Mark,
Love the photo!  I echo everyone's support and gratitude for your service.  (My husband is a retired Marine....)

I think you may have started a new fad--people from all over the world wearing their OPR t-shirts.  I will be travelling a bit this summer, and I intend to take my t-shirt along with me.

Jan

pic-creatr

Thanks to all for the very nice comments.  Thank you especially to the OPR management team, it is a wonderful thing they've done and, of course, for the t-shirt!

I am proud to be over here helping the Iraqis make their lives better.  Please don't believe everything you hear in the media about Iraq.  All the countries over here are doing great things and you can see it in the peoples's (especially the childerns') faces. 

Thank you all for supporting the troops.  As Johnboy above can attest, the troops have not always had the American public's support.  We in Iraq know we have your support and greatly appreciate it.  Thanks again.

Mark

mschonher

OOOOOOOOOOOOO RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mark!   :loveit:   :up:   :up2:   :hug: 

Mary

PS  My son in law is an Ex Marine

schen

Mark,

Thank you for your sacrifice in serving our country. 

I believe all Americans are supportive of our troops.  Even those who wish the war in Iraq would end soon wish our troops will safely return home soon.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Hi again, Mark

It's so wonderful to hear your words of hope for the Iraqi people. They are our brothers and sisters, and I wish them peace and freedom.

I showed this thread to my hubby, who's a battered VietNam veteran (Marine), and he got rather emotional.  Partly because you're a member of OPR, for which he has unbelievable enthusiasm, but also because of the support and love being sent to you through the forum.  As with JB, his experience was quite different when he returned from 'Nam, and rather than being bitter about that, he's gratified that Americans support our troops, regardless of our personal politics.

I hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your photo, and it's going to be part of the slide show on my computer at work.

You and your compadres are in my heart.  Please pass that on to the beloved troops with whom you serve!

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Just so everyone knows, Mark has a web site that you can find if you click on his name.  On that web site is a wonderful blog with photos of his work in Baghdad.  I found it so interesting and uplifting and hopeful, I hope you all take the time to read it.  Mark, you are just an amazing guy!

Mary   :loveit: