• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Biloxi Beacon

Started by glennab, August 24, 2007, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Vicki

Part of the reason for my keeping the journal was to allow you to be part of the run, even if vicariously.  I know you were there in spirit.  And your doing the restorations will definitely make people in Biloxi happy.  They were thrilled that so many people cared enough to be part of OPR.  When I'd tell them that the copy run group was from all over the States and that the people who'd be making their photos whole again could be anywhere in the world, they were so excited.  Heck, I got excited telling them about OPR!  This is an extraordinary organization.

News at 11 -- or 12 -- or whenever I get my act together!  Lon and I've spent the last two days putting together a platform for our "sleep number" bed, and then trying to put the mattresses together and get them hooked up, in between my battling with software incompatibilities causing major headaches with the SOS newsletter. I have a MAC and In-Design and my partner-in-print has a PC, only uses Word and isn't very computer savvy.  Trying to find a format we can both use has been a three-day off-and-on frustration!  I love a challenge, but I'm a bit tired for this one.  I'll get my bi-platform cohorts at work to give me some hints as to how to conquer this dilemma.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hey Glenna,

Have you hooked up your Wacom tablet yet???????  (I made her try mine out one the Biloxi trip, and she loved it).

Chris

sanbie

I have borrowed a friends tablet to try...but as yet it only confuses me!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Okay, kiska

I want to know where you got that obviously phony photo of the hard-working women of the OPR Biloxi team.  Bad enough that you guys are covering our president's face in sugar and tattoos, but this is way over the line!  Terrible abuse of restoration expertise.  And Photoshopping an elderly woman in amongst that scary bunch?  Shameful! Disrespectful!

It would appear that what happens in Biloxi leaks out of Biloxi, despite efforts to the contrary!   Who's the culprit?  Charlene????  And where is the rest of the contrived evidence?  This is appalling!

Glenna

P.S. Chris -- I haven't gotten the tablet out yet.  I did go so far as to open the documentation and then got distracted.  I need to get that and my scanner out and set up.  Can anyone lend me some time and energy?  And a place that's not covered with cat crud?  I ran my new robot vacuum through the house yesterday, and he was actually spitting out hairballs.  Not a good environment for electronics, to say the least.  But I cant bear to restrict my pride from the office.  They're such great company when I'm working on the computer.

I'm going to try to use the Wacom to finish my current on-hold restoration.  I can't imagine how much easier it would be to create hair with the tablet, among other things.  I do appreciate your giving me some time to play with your Wacom on the copy run, because it IS amazing.  I can see why you'd not want to go back to a mouse once you're accustomed to using a tablet and stylus.  Your encouragement will get me to work on it more quickly than I would otherwise.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

QuoteI want to know where you got that obviously phony photo of the hard-working women of the OPR Biloxi team.

I dunno.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi kiska

Touché and UNCLE!  You're a riot!

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

Just trying to keep you guys entertained during the lull.

Photos by Christine. Combined 2 pics then painted.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/85092658

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

I love the photo painting Kiska!  Thanks for sharing this!

Christine

glennab

Chris & kiska

Nice work on both your parts.  I love the rendering, so the photo must have been awesome as well.  That's worth framing.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Kista,

That is really beautiful!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

That is a beautiful painting :up:
Tess Cameron