• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I'm asking a huge favor, please.

Started by glennab, July 31, 2008, 11:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jneil2

Glenna,

Just keep that "happy-dance" movie handy--I know that will keep your spirits up.  This is just another little bump on the road of life, and I know you two are survivors!

My best thoughts to you,
Jan

G3User

Add one more to those thinking of you both.

Maybe it happened because you drive on the wrong side of the road? ^-^

Athol

glennab

Doggone, Athol, you may have a point there!  It's all in the perspective.  Do you think I should suggest he drive on the other side?  That probably would make for an interesting trip to work along the interstate - especially on the bridge between St. Petersburg and Tampa traveling with all the folks who speed, eat breakfast, put on makeup, read the paper and talk on the phone while driving.  Whoo hoo!

Thanks for your kind thoughts.  I'm going to have to think about your analysis of the situation, however!

Hugs!

GK

Jan, I can't believe Matt can still dance.  I make that poor guy hoof for me several times every day.  He's a sturdy dude!  Love him to pieces.  He still makes me smile.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

Hey everyone, I've been out of commission for the past week with a summer bug and haven't been in the forum lately...  I know the 14th is coming up this week, hang in there Glenna and Lon, you've got a pretty good cheering section here. 

OPRAng

Glenna,

Good grief! Boy are you guys on a roller coaster or what! I am so happy to hear that Lon's accident has a happy ending. I am glad to hear that he is being treated for the whiplash and his chiropractor is probably on that whole vertebrae thing too.

Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes!

Angela and the kids
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Angela, Jack & Shane

Yep, the universe is really testing us.  All I have to say about that is WE DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE!  Sheesh!

I love the fact that Lon & I are so close; however, that closeness extends to my having all the pains he's going through since the accident.  Interesting, but not a route I'd have taken, because now I'm very aware of what he's dealing with, poor guy.  We're struggling to stay on top of things, so we refuse to lose our sense of humor, and for a couple of old farts, we're pretty good at rolling with the punches.

We're so fortunate to have our OPR family and wonderful friends and family here in St. Pete.  It'll get us through!

Thanks so much for caring!

Hugs a million!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Hello my OPR angels

I wanted to let you know that your prayers and good wishes got Iron Man through his surgery this morning with just a little bit of rust!  All went very well.  There was a little more cutting than any of us expected, but he looked really good when he came out of 2 1/2 hours of surgery.  He was able to walk from the recovery room to the car and from the car to the house without help.

Right now he's in agony, his eye is black and puffy and he's having trouble navigating with only one working eye, but he still has his wonderful sense of humor and once he gets through the next couple of tough days (thank goodness for good pain meds!), he'll be back to his usual wonderful ornery self.

Your caring and kind thoughts have meant so much to both of us!  10-Q, 10-Q, 10-Q (an old Sesame Street rap! I'm not ready to grow up yet.)

Many hugs and thanks!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Glenna, glad to hear the Iron Man made it through OK, but sounds like the next couple of days will be rough! I guess if you two go out, people are going to think you are a husband beater!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, everyone already knows I brutalize the poor guy every chance I get.  It's no secret.  But we've been able to keep the evidence hidden.  He looks worse now than he did after the accident.  Being the tough, resilient dude that he is, I expect it won't be long before he's out working in the yard or hauling car parts around the shop.  One can hope!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

I'm so glad it all went well Glenna and he's up and about. He must look a sight with all that bruising. I remember the funny looks people gave me when my girl ran into a pole and had 2 black eyes. No doubt you'll get the same looks.  :knuppel:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Glenna and Iron Man Lon,

I'm glad to hear everything went well with the operation!
With Glenna pampering and waiting on Lon he should be feeling better soon!

Take care,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

I read this topic just in time so sent my thoughts to both of you and I'm glad things seem to work out real fine.

(trying to get this accepted at a stock-site ... but free for you  :loveit: )
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Johnboy

Glenna,

Glad to hear that both of you made it through Lon's surgery, and that he is doing well.

Johnboy