• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

GarrettM 35 Progress

Started by malart, October 09, 2012, 01:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malart

Hi everyone. Looking for things I missed on this restoration

I know the skin tone on the arms is a bit off and the face to me seems to be too white. The backdrop I really don't like  due to the inconsistant lighting, personally would replace it.  Anyone see any other improvements?

kiska

Malart,
I'm, afraid your color correction is off. Do a levels adjustment then curves for the black and white points. I did a second curves for the gray point, an area on the curtains. The splotchiness of the curtains needs to be evened out.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

malart

here's another attempt, the skin tone in the arms is driving me up a wall, no real clean sample area and the color swatches of various skin tones just don't look right. I still to clean up the masks but that is one of the last things I'll do.

Pat

Hi Malart,

That looks much better!  I do think it the color is still just a bit off however.  I applied Kiska's above suggestion to your latest try "Do a levels adjustment then curves for the black and white points. I did a second curves for the gray point"

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

malart

Hi Pat
I retried those adjustments but it doesn't seem to make much difference, it's still appears to be almost the same as the last one I posted......it's darker in color than yours.

Pat

Hi Malart,

The difference is probably the areas you chose for your black, white, and gray points when you applied the curves layers. 

For black I chose the shadow made by the eyeglasses frame above her eye (photo left side), for white an area of the corsage ribbon. 

For the gray point I used the method described by Scott Kelby http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1350898 and chose the very small area of curtain visible between the bottom of her hair and the top of the corsage (photo right side).

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author