• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wip advise me please

Started by paulboyowhite, May 06, 2013, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulboyowhite

I will not have much time the next 2 days as I work strange shifts and my week begins on tuesday this week.
Ok I have made a start to how I see this photo shaping up.I have scaled down the size from original for this post only not the final photo.
I am at a wall at the moment on how to get the colour correct on the coat,I am struggling to see the shape of the collar to begin with and I am not sure how to approach the streaking in the coat.

Any commentyts on the work so far is welcome

I get knocked down but I get up again,your never gonna keep me down.

Chumbawamba

schen

You had a great start on this already.

I usually use dodge and burn to remove the streaking like that.  In this case, I will use Range: Highlights and Exposure about 5% to darken the white streaking.  Also, since his jacket is so bright, I will throw a brightness/contrast layer on the top and adjust it to make the streaking more obvious.  After you even out the streaking, just delete the brightness/contrast layer.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

paulboyowhite

Thanks for the reply Shujen.
I have not done much with either method there yet but yourr pointer will send me looking at my lynda tutorials in a day or so after my day shifts are done .
I get knocked down but I get up again,your never gonna keep me down.

Chumbawamba

schen

Paul,

I also noticed that your WIP carries a slight blue tinge.  That may create some trouble using my method.  Since it is a B/W picture, I will convert it to grayscale or put on a hue/saturation layer first and turn the saturation all the way down.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6