• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Where do I get the photos?

Started by SweetSam, June 24, 2007, 01:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSam

Hi,

I am new here, and I do not know where or how to get/download photos to restore.
Also, are they categorized by easy, moderate & difficult?

I tried a link from an earlier topic, but when I tried to download, I got a message saying my password was wrong! I do not understand this, because obviously, I am logged in.  ???

I also sent a PM to OPRdave (I think I did ...as long as it went thru), and put a comment on his blog, with a similar question. So, sorry if this is redundant. I'd love to get started while I have the time!

~ SweetSam 
~ Debbie

Using Photoshop CS2 on my Mac G4

klassylady25

Hi Sam and Welcome.

In answer to your question. When you became a volunteer you were sent a link.  Go to that link and sign in.  You will be signing into Photo Shelter.  There you will see a small arrow that directs you to: Operaltion Photo Rescue.  Once there you need to choose: View all galleries.  Presently there are 41 photos in Christines gallery.  Look through them and make a choice.  THEN.... click on the photo of your choice and you will see an "ADD COMMENT" box.  You make your request there... At least that's the way I've done it over time.

Good luck and again Welcome!!

SweetSam

Ok, Thanks, klassylady25!
I found my "invitation" email & logged in. These all look very difficult! Is there a place to find easier ones to start with? I wonder If that is all that is left right now (in Christine's Gallery?)

Maybe nobody took 'em to do because they all look so difficult :-[  ...not enough visual information!

Also, should my comment just say "I'd like to try restoring this one" & put my user name there in the comment?

Thank you too for welcoming me!
~ Debbie

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi SweetSam, welcome. I'm afraid thats all thats there at the moment. Christine has another 200 or so to upload soon. If you find one you want, just say I'll try this one and put your real name on there so Christine knows who it is.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

SweetSam

Real name? I thought OPR Dave said to put your user name?
~ Debbie

John

Hi Sam,

You can use your screen name, I know Dave has these cross-referenced via email address and can match you up that way.  It might take a couple days, but we'll get you up to speed in no time.. we appreciate your patience with the process.

Thanks for joining OPR!

John

SweetSam

Thanks, folks! I'll try to pick one to start with, later tonight!
~ Debbie

sanbie

Hi everyone Newbie here and another from Australia..

Good to read all this I was wondering what one had to do...I did look at the photo's in Christines but way over my head...so I guess I will wait for something easier!

Sanbie

paintshop pro X1

Dave

It's better to use your real name and email address when leaving comments for images on Photoshelter. The usernames that we use here on the forums are not cross-referenced with our list of volunteers on Photoshelter.

If you're worried about privacy issues, there's no need to be.  Those comments are not public and can only be viewed by OPR administrators.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

SweetSam and Sanbie

I wanted to add my welcome.  I've just celebrated my first year with OPR and I can tell you that it's a truly wonderful organization, populated by talented and generous people from all over the world (I was blown away when I read Dave's list of the home states and countries of our members).  Some of the restorations are unbelievably challenging but are also a superb stretch of your abilities, and cause for the most wonderful feeling in the world upon completing one.  I hope you find your experience here as rewarding and positive as I have.

Best wishes!

Glenna

P.S. FYI and Dave's as well, I've had my hours cut at work, so I'm going to have more time to spend on OPR, and I promise I'll put together a procedure sheet to make our process easier to understand.  I've started, so when I get a little further with my current restoration, I'll start writing.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

SweetSam

Thanks again for all your help folks, and Dave, thanks for the clarification!

I did not realize that there is such a wealth of information on this forum! I thought at first that all I had to do was obtain one of the photos & jump right in. I did not want to "chat". But there is such a wealth of information here; I've barely scratched the surface!

So I picked my first photo last night, and got an invitation this morning to do it. So I'm excited! I picked one that didn't look too hard, but some parts might be.

I'll be checking these boards for technical suggestions and tips, because I've already noticed that there is some! Thanks!
~ Debbie

cmpentecost

Hi SweetSam,

Welcome to OPR and the forums.  I'm glad you everything worked out and you received your first photo.  I do have more photos for the galleries.  I'll do my best to get the remaining photos up in the next week or two. I live in Montana, where summer time is the most beautiful and wonderful time of year to be outdoors.  In other words.....if you don't see me online or get a response to any emails or questions in a timely basis, it's because I"m enjoying the Montana wilderness.   :loveit:

Christine

SweetSam

Thank you, Christine. I'm finishing a brief freelance job as well as working at my PT-job in the afternoon. But I will do some work on the first photo within the next few days.

i've heard Montana is beautiful, although I have never been there. :)
~ Debbie