• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

did anybody see this story? picture this

Started by milanab, November 24, 2006, 05:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I found the website for this organization.  It's www.pictureproject.org.  However, it does NOT appear that they are restoring the damaged photos, only returning them to the proper owners, if the owners claim them.  I could be wrong.  When I went to look at the retrieved photos, there are some seriously damaged photos here, that OPR could do wonders for.  Maybe OPR can connect with this organization to help restore some of these photos.  What do you think Dave?

Christine

glennab

Hi milanb and Chris

I hope your Thanksgiving was a wonderful one.

I checked out the news release and the web site, and I think it would be wonderful if we could reach out to The Picture Project and inquire about helping to restore photos they've collected.  Some of them really are badly damaged.

It would be fantastic if we could collaborate with them.  That would certainly take care of any dearth of photos over which our restoration addicts might be agonizing. And the scanning is already done!

I'm all for it. Dave?  Becky?  Ange?  Mike?

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mabmsc

I'd also like to throw my support into pursuing this opportunity.  It seems to me it would allow OPR to have two avenues in which to get access to damaged photos.  I read there were thousands of photos scanned, but I guess we'd only focus on restoring those that were claimed (if requested) rather than all of them, well at least intially. 

Brookie

Dave

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I wholeheartedly agree that a partnership between our project and their's has great potential. I'll start trying to make contact with them today.

It does boggle my mind though that we can't get any coverage like this as well. OPR has been reported on throughout the world, but no one nationally seems to want to take a look other than the AP (thanks AP). CNN was interested, but never followed through.

I'll let you know when I get in touch with this project's organizers.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Dave

I don't have much in the way of details to provide, but contact was made today. The people at The Picture Project were happy to hear from us and and are excited about the possibility of working with us.

I'll keep everyone posted as details come available.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

paula

Dave

To my surprise, they hadn't. The project organizer that I spoke to even lamented the fact that they threw out some of the pictures that they had collected because the damage was more than they could clean off.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

milanab

dave , i wrote Campbell Brown through nbc tonight.  Hopefully they will forward it on to her.  I will let you know if I hear anything.  I did include links to our main page and the forums.  hope it helps.  denise
without faith...there is no hope