• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New member - High Point, NC

Started by 2ndAbi, February 21, 2013, 03:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2ndAbi

My post-processing and restoration skills are Beginner for lack of focused practice.

We know some people whose families were affected by Sandy. It will be great to help as much as I can.

I am looking forward to helping and to learning from so many of you. 

Len

Pat

Hi Len, and welcome from Michigan.

I think you will have a wonderful time helping and learning.  When you choose photos to restore just be sure to start with ones that look a little too easy.  They all seem to mysteriously end up being harder than they looked by the time you download them. 

It's never been proved but some have said when the distributors get bored they like to muck the photos up a bit before they put them in your gallery to download.  Anyway never fear because there is always someone on the forum ready with lots of friendly advice if you post the original and your work in progress for help.

Looking forward to working with you.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Len!  In no time you will have lots of practice once you start working on the mucked up photos!  ;)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Len,

As Pat stated it's best to start with the easier photos.  I make no accusations but you might want to follow the link below for more information on the Mucking Machine and who has it:

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3954.msg35185.html#msg35185

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Hi Len, a warm welcome from snowy Kansas. Great to have you and the families that you know that were affected by Sandy---do they have photos that need to be restored?

Remember we all started out as beginners, but with the Forum you will get up to speed in no time.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]