• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help Needed.

Started by truckersau, October 10, 2007, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Sorry about this, but I seem to have developed the equivalent to writers block on this one.
It is only a 4x4 so I'm realy not sure how far I should try and go with it.
Any help/advice will definitely be appreciated.
Original.

Where I'm at, at the moment.

Thanks in advance
Ray..

glennab

Hi Ray

Just a couple of observations before I crash.  I think you could warm up the photo just a little bit more.  I used the curves eyedroppers, and my colors seemed a bit more true.  I think Mom has wisps of hair on her forehead.  Did you try using liquify to pull out some of the folded areas?  I tried it, and while it didn't completely correct the distortion, it did help with some of it.

I'd definitely lose the black dot in the middle of lil sis's face.  What I did, and it looked fairly plausible was get rid of the dark spot completely and place two very small lighter spots where I'd expect nostrils to be.  Not perfect, but gives the slightest hint of a nose.

You're actually off to a great start on a restoration that'll never be perfect but just needs a few more tweaks to be a decent version of a lousy photo.

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

truckersau

Version 2.
Warmed up the photo a bit. fixed up little sis's face a bit.

GP

Hi Ray
I think this looks great! Don't forget this is only a 4x4, so it will look much sharper at its real size than it looks right now on the computer screen. So don't be so hard on your self! The only little tweak that it still needs is to maybe try to turn down the green splotches on mom's dress and the little girl's hand. You can try a hue/saturation adjustment or selective color adjustment of just those areas. I actually liked your colors in your first posting, maybe just a touch less contrast.
What a improvement already! :up:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

truckersau

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats looking pretty good Ray. I'd add a bit more hair back on the mothers forehead. The little girl on the left (ours) seems to have a dirty splotch on her nose.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

I've pulled a bit more hair down onto mum's forehead, and washed the little girls nose.

schen

Ray,

It is looking great.  That was a tough job from a fuzzy photo with fine texture noise.   :up:

The mother's chest appears to cave in because of the paper wrinkle damage.  I would suggest shifting the shading slightly to give a fuller bust look.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

truckersau

I've given mum a boob job. Hope that looks better.

glennab

Hi Ray

Boy, the gremlins were at work while I was snoozing.  Looking much improved.  I'll make a couple more picky observations and let you be.  Mom's forehead looks shadowed but still without the bangs to create the shadows. I'd work on lil sis's nose a bit more.  The rest of the family has highlighted noses with a dark area just below, and sis is the opposite.  I'm thinking if you reverse the shading around her nose area it'll make a big difference. The only other small thing I see is a bit of green cast on the two girls' arms. The "boob job" looks great.  Isn't it amazing that we all see different things?

Bless

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

The whole picture has a pink overcast but I do think it's coming along "right nicely" as grampa would say... and here's my play for the morning.  btw, I didn't try and correct all the things... just having fun before I go to work.

By CandiceLynn

Hannie

Ray, you did an amazing job on this doozy!  I think Glenna's tips for improvement should be the icing on the cake.
This photo is very hard to color correct without making selections, I like the color best in the photo that you posted first.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

Thanks guys for ALL the different eyes, seeing different little things. Don't worry I'm taking it all in and hopefully it will teach me what to look for in the future. All I need now is all the tips you have all learned over the years and I'll be a better restorer.
Sorry, I wont get back to this untill tonight. I have a grandkid minding day today, being their last day before returning to school on Monday.

truckersau

Sorry to do this to you all.
This is the latest version.

Hannie

Hi Ray,

How dare you ask us all to look at this photo again!  :knuppel:
You did a great job bringing back those bangs on Mom's forehead!
I think you should send them home!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]