• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Worth1000 Restoration!

Started by Ziaphra, October 08, 2007, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziaphra

The contest is now over and they did very well considering the damage!

sanbie

Yep I went and looked..it was good to see so many different versions...I thought there was one that was coming along very nicely...shame they never had time to finish it!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

They did a good job considering the time and the original pic. :up2:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

RosyBijou

Definitely interesting, Ziaphra!  Both from perspective of tackling a challenging image and of raising OPR awareness!  I do hope that everyone in your household is feeling better.  Sending warm thoughts your way...
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Hi Kerry -- It's nice to see you back on the forum!

Ziaphra, the contest was very interesting, and a great chance to see how several people approach a very difficult restoration.  I agree with Sanbie that the ones that were only partially done had more potential to look like a restoration.  The completed ones looked like paintings.  Lovely paintings, but paintings nonetheless.  That tells me what I already suspected: there's no way to rush through the restoration of a badly damaged photo if it's to look remotely like the original.  It's more difficult to take the time to painstakingly be true to what's there than to paint a rendition of what one thinks is there.

The Worth web site is great.  Thanks for making me aware of it.  I especially appreciate the competitions.  What amazing creativity.

Hope all's well!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)