• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Worth1000 Restoration!

Started by Ziaphra, October 08, 2007, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziaphra

Thought you might be interested that with permission from Dave, I submitted the photo I had to restore to some members of Worth1000 to use for a restoration H2H. Here is the link to the photo:

http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boddenl6611x14wp5.jpg

...and here is the link to the contest on Worth1000:

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=13777&start=1&end=10&display=photoshop

The contest opens for voting on Wednesday Oct 10th.  :up:

Mhayes

Ziaphra,

I'm confused. I went to both links and was able to see the before picture, but I don't see the after? I can't wait to see what you did with the tough one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Ziaphra

What an interesting competition.  I didn't see your name as one of the contestants.  Is this one that you've already done?  I've got to remember to check back and see what the participants do with the image -- it's one of the worst of the worst.

Margie, I gathered from the contest rules that the restorations won't be available to view until late Tuesday or early Wednesday.

Maybe because I'm old and the internet is still new enough to me to be fascinating, but I can't get over how many interesting things can be discovered on the web.  NEED INPUT!

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Guess this is one of those; when all else fails, read the instructions.  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

sanbie

It will be interesting to see what they do with it...must remember to check back!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

hoodman3

Ziaphra, can you post your finished photo or do you think you should wait until after W1K voting? That's a good bit of damage. Can't wait to see what the Worthians do with it.
Thanks,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Ziaphra

I was entered in the contest but I've had a spate of major personal problems recently that I had to drop out. :( They are all aware of OPR's rules and I know they will all do their very best...whichever one wins, gets uploaded for the family. This is a wonderful way to encourage others to become more involved with OPR. :)

glennab

Hi Ziaphra

Since you mentioned having major personal problems, I want you to know that I'm concerned.  I'm aware that you have a houseful of kids and I hope they're all okay.  Whatever you're dealing with (or were, as I hope it's past), I'm sending you love, light and moral support.  Life can get tedious at times.  You lucky woman, you have a world-wide circle of OPR friends to give you a boost when needed.  You're in my thoughts!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

To Ziaphra,

All  the best,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ziaphra

Aww, thanx guys. :) My husband went overseas to see his family and is away for 3 weeks (only a week left thank goodness) but the day after he left, I went out with the girls for my birthday, came home, woke up a bit later to find my car was gone. I had to go pick up my daughter from work! So had to deal with all of that, then my kids got ill with a nasty vomiting and diarrhoea bug, to the point where I had to rush one of them to A&E for rehydration. Then I caught it and had to continue working (I work nights, most times til 3am) as I need the money to keep coming in. So it's just been one thing after another. I've taken on quite a few more shifts so really feel drained during the day and seem to spend most of my time sleeping, then of course have to get up and deal with the daily business of getting kids to school, etc! Nights seem to run into days at times and my body is never sure when it should be sleeping anymore! :D

kiska

WOW! Hang in Ziaphra.   :up2:

Ain't NUTHIN' worse than the S&S!  ;D
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Ziaphra, bad things always come in threes but good times do too!  One more week and you got your hubby back for support!  Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Ziaphra,

Here's a wish and a  :hug: that things get a lot better for you!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Ziaphra --

This is something that came to mind this morning on the way to work, and I thought it might give you a smile.

Many years ago my younger sister lived near me, and she always had her hands full.  When things would get especially tough, she'd call me and tell me what was happening.  I'd say to her what I always remind myself when I've had enough BS: "It's a test!"  One day she got tired of hearing it and told me "I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE!"  I'd laugh, but it'd shut me up!

Now I find myself thinking the same thing at times and can't help but grin and give my sister a long-distance mental hug (she's now in Maine).

I'm sending one to you, too.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hang in there Ziaphra, yes those bad things come in 3's. As a mother we don't get to crawl into the bed to rest when we get sick. Take care of yourself. 
We had our 3 bad lucks last week.  ::) Glenna I can relate to your sister saying that, have said it many a time here too.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]