• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Anyone With ComerD Bridal Pictures

Started by Charlene5, October 06, 2007, 11:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

Does anyone have a clear view of the top of the bridemaid's dress?  I think I see a scoop neck and spaghetti straps but is there something going on around her shoulders?  Tulle?  Net?  This was a Catholic wedding in the late 40's or early 50's and I can't imagine a bridesmaid in spaghetti straps back then?  I dunno maybe I really am a crabby old woman.  My daughter keeps telling me that :)

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

cmpentecost

Hi MJ,

I just sent you a Comer bridal pic that might help.

Chris

Charlene5

Thanks, Chris it did help.  At the mo I have a legless bridesmaid floating down the aisle with a candelabra on the left that is seemingly related to nothing and big pipe looking thingies in the back of the church that I can't figure out.  I think I may be dreaming about this one, too :)

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Charlene5

This one is really getting me down.  There's so much mess and so little to work with!  This is where I am so far.  I did basic repairs to the floor and tidied some of the faces on the right.  I replaced the bridesmaid's flowers and cleaned up her features.  Returned the missing side of her dress and stared at the pipes in the back for many happy minutes.  I also can't work out where the candelabra on the left is anchored - is it hanging or on a stand or am I hallucinating?  I particularly like the floating bridesmaid :)

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Hannie

Hi MJ,

I'm afraid I cannot give you any real help with some of the questions you have.  I  think the candelabra is on a stand. The Amazing Floating Bridesmaid could be brought back to the ground by burning some shadow around the bottom of the dress.  I made a quick & nasty attempt to show you what I mean.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Charlene5

This is the original tonally corrected. You can see how much I haven't done :)

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

klassylady25

The top of the wedding dress appears to have a cowling of soft netting (in green).   You know like the kind that is used in a bridal veil.  It became more visible when I ran it through a threshold level.  Under that it looks as though there is a ribbon strap (in black). I hope that helps.

;) 

rockthumper

Those 'pipes' would be columns holding up the roof or second floor. They'd be running in rows parallel to the aisle, though I'm a bit confused by the architecture as this building seems to be asymmetrical. :huh:

Tess (Tassie D)

I saw a pic of a church, cant remember where now that had columns running up either side like that. Will have to go search again.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmysmith/115437959/

The columns at the front of this church look the same.  Check it out.

Charlene5

The columns in the picture do look similar.  Thanks for finding me a comparison.  As RT pointed out, this church appears asymetrical.  The ones on the left in the picture appear wider than the ones on the right.  I don't know much about photography - would it be possible for camera angle or lens make everything look that wonky?
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Johnboy

MJ

I wonder if the area at the back left could be a shrine area for one of the church saints. There appears to be a small statue in the center of the columns. If the columns are of the style shown in the St. Joseph photo I would say that they are much larger in construction. Note the reflections on the columns. The reflections in the St. Joseph photo are closer together than in your photo. Also wonder if it could be single columns that are positioned close together to create a shrine area and the angle of the photo makes them look as one. Note on the left side of the columns that there are no reflections which means that light never got to that part. If the area is a shrine that might explain the different look between these columns and the ones across the back. Just thinking out loud.

Johnboy