• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments Please.

Started by truckersau, September 30, 2007, 05:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Tassie D,

What brand and sort of monitor are you using? = Standard Diamond View Monitor.
What colour profile? = sRGB.
Have you callibrated it? = Yes, using Adobe Gamma.

Sorry Max, I was more trying to save band width here.
So I'll start with this one. And go from there. Thanks Max.

Ausimax

Still looks a bit cold to me, this is just with curves, white point sampler on the whitest part of the outstretched arm - Black point sampler in the shadow under the car.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Hi Ray!

Firstly, you are definitely not a pain in the butt!  So, now we have that cleared up, I'm always afraid that it will discourage folks if there is too much "advice".  We all do our very best to make these photos look the best they can and with each next project we get a little better at it!  I'm learning s.t. new almost every time I visit the board.

I am wondering Ray, if you take the original photo and run it through auto colors in Photoshop (assuming that it is PS that you use...) then this photo should come out looking almost perfect color wise. 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Ray, 'close' counts! If you get the color in the ballpark that should be enough. Before printing, I'm sure they fine tune the color to print to the quirks or profile of whatever printer they use.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

truckersau

Hannie. First up discourage me, ha no way. It'll take more then something like this to do that.
I had to take a break, the arthritis was playing up a bit plus the grandkids wanted me to come over for dinner.
Ok, this is the last run I did, I used Hannie's idea of auto color, auto levels on the original image. then used that image to 'Match color' to my fixed copy, well that give it some improvement.
Then again I used Max's idea of re-running the levels on the end result, this one is what I come up with.
Kiska, yes I've seen that they do a color adjustment before printing to suit their printer.
So if you don't mind, can I have your thoughts on this one, thank you all.

Hannie

Hi Ray,

You have to promise me not to get mad but I like the version prior to the last one the best!   :D
I agree with Kiska that 'close' counts, the printer can always make final adjustments if necessary.
Hope you're feeling better and that you enjoyed your tea with the grandkids!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

Ha Hannie, your right I wont get mad.
But I must admit, I've taken the easy way out. I've just uploaded the last 3 copys, now the printer can use the one they want.
But I must stress, I realy DO appreciate ALL the input you guys gave.

PS. yes thank you, dinner was good.