• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments Please.

Started by truckersau, September 30, 2007, 05:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Hi all. I hope it's ok to post before & after photos here for checking.
All comments welcome.
Thanks.
Ray..
Before.

After.

Hannie

Hi Ray,

Wonderful restoration! You really brought out details very well!  :up2:
I have one question about the colors, it seems like it is a little too blue, or is it my monitor setting?
(At least there is no snow this time!)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rockthumper

I agree with Hannie about the colour...
What is going on in this photograph? Five girls are camped out somewhere cold waving signs exclaiming the virtues of 'Soccer Managers' ??? I'm not even sure what a soccer manager is but I'm confident there is a very slim chance they love their players. Am I missing something ?

truckersau

Thanks guys.
I've changed the after photo to one with a filter cutting the blue down, what do you think now?

Hannie

Hi Ray!

I think my eyes are playing tricks on me, I still see the blue tint.
I tried to use the the PS auto levels and auto color on the original, the colors on both came out pretty good!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Ray, I duplicated your image, changed mode to cmyk and took out some cyan with curves. Select all on cmyk dupe, copy/paste onto rgb image and set blend to color.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/86445402

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

truckersau

Hannie, Kiska thanks for your coments.
I must be having trouble seeing that blue tint, but I've done what you both suggested.
There is a new copy back at the top.
Personal and this is just me, I think it looks a bit to yellow/orange. But if you think it's ok I'll send it back.
Thanks again for your comments, I realy DO appreciate your input.

Ausimax

Hi Ray,

I am afraid I have to agree with the others that it is still carrying too much blue and the other colours look dull,
I tried a couple of quick things that improved it. 1. Levels - just move the pointers in at each end to the start of the data, or, 2. Curves just pull the blue channel down a bit.

That heart should be a bright yellow not a muddy yellow.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

truckersau

Thanks Max, I adjusted the levels like you suggested. I can see the difference it made.
The new copy is at the top again.

rockthumper

Ray - Hannie's version still looks spot-on to me (maybe we have the same type of monitor?), Kiska's version looks yellowed and your current one has a magenta cast.

truckersau

:-[ :-[ I realy do apologize deaply for being a pain in the butt with this photo.
But I'm realy having trouble making these final adjustments, it's either me or my monitor but I can't see the color casts that you are all talking about.
I realy appreciate all your input, but I'm now at a loss on my next move. :-[
My latest effort is at the top.
Ray..

klassylady25

If the second photo is your corrected photo then it is still blue!  Perhaps you should ask the powers that be what to do.

truckersau

I have sent Christine a PM to have a look at it for me.

Tess (Tassie D)

QuoteI realy do apologize deaply for being a pain in the butt with this photo.

Hey, no need to apologise Ray, we're all here to help and get help. What brand and sort of monitor are you using? What colour profile and have you callibrated it?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

You've gone bush with it again Ray, last time I looked it wasn't too bad now its blue again, a tip, don't keep editing you post and changing the image, we can't remember what it looked like last time to be able to help you, post your newest image in you next post.

If you are constrained for photo hosting space get an account at ImageShack, free accounts don't have any storage limit.

http://imageshack.us/

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!