• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Got Bored!!!

Started by sanbie, September 17, 2007, 03:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

That was a great film clip Christine. :up: I recognised many of the restorations and it was great to see them side by side with the original.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Chris,

Great job on the evening news! The man that they interviewed who talked about hanging his pictures out to dry--did he bring many of those pictures for you to restore?

I think I have a solution to your luggage problem. You need to come to the airport with decoy luggage, while someone else brings on your real luggage. Do not attempt to claim your real luggage until you get it safely outside the terminal.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi Margie,

Ironically, Mr. Williams in the photo clip did not bring his photos to us at OPR.  The TV reporters took the OPR brochures and promoted us all day, but I think everyone was still too busy slinging mud and tearing out flood damage.  The flood damage in the area was nasty....entire houses slid down the hillsides, due to the heavy rain.   As for my luggage, it arrived around 4:30 pm, I unpacked it, and it's ready to go into permanent storage for several months.  I'm done with my travels!!

As a side note, I had a free version of Photoshop Elements 4.0 which I downloaded on my Mom's computer.  I gave her a few OPR photos for practice, and she's now restoring photos (er, well...practicing...she has a long way to go!).

Christine

glennab

Hi -- Does anyone know how to get Windows Media Player to work on a Mac?  I just found out that Firefox doesn't support that Player, but I can't get it to work in Safari either.  I'm missing all the news footage.  Unacceptable!

Candy -- by unemployed, I meant our short hiatus in OPR.  I know a lot of our volunteers work as well as spend an enormous amount of time on our project.  My point was that I get a kick out of the creative mayhem on the forum when we're out of restorations.

Margie, I love  your solution to Chris' luggage problem.  Sounds like a great plan to me!

Chris -- kudos to your mom for being willing to work on the restorations.  I bet she'll really get into it.

I'm glad you're safely home, and I'll wager there are a couple of furr-butts who'll be glad to have you back to being their servant!

Did Levon go with?

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

QuoteHi -- Does anyone know how to get Windows Media Player to work on a Mac?

Don't know if this will help Glenna?
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Glenna, I tried the Media Player AGAIN and couldn't get it to work, either.  :mad:

Try this link.

http://www.oprworkshop.org/forum/index.php?topic=873.0
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

phischer

Glenna
I just watched it on a Mac with Firefox.  I first clicked on the link for the video, but it would not open. So I clicked on the link to go to the home page.  On the front page of the station's website they have a "video on Demand" section. If you look through all the videos there, you will see the one for operation photo rescue. I think these are flash videos and that's why it will work.
-phil

jneil2

Hi Christine,

Welcome back.  Nice job you did, although the turnout wasn't what you had hoped for, I am sure you have planted the thought in many people's minds that OPR might be back.  So I am sure people are bagging their photos, sticking them in the freezer, hanging them on the line, etc. (instead of throwing them away!)

You have the worst luck with luggage, don't you.

Hope you got my upload.

Jan

kiska

phischer,

I saw it! I EVEN heard it!  Thanks for the tip.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi Phil

Thanks so much for the info on going to the home page.  That did it -- I was able to see the video.  Very nice coverage, I think.  Excellent promo for OPR.  Chris you did wonderfully!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Welcome home Christine,

That was a nice piece of publicity for OPR.  Hope I will be able to join the team to Winona and La Crosse.

I thought I asked for an easy one before you left for the trip.  But those white dots bogged me down for a whole week.  I just uploaded the finished photo.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

Glad y'all liked the video.  My 15 seconds of fame!  For those of you wondering if I received your uploaded photos, I'm still working on those.  I received around 40+ photos back in just the week I was gone, so it's taking some time.  I'm still not caught up on my sleep/rest either.  Thank goodness all of my travels are over.

Chris

rockthumper

I saw it too! (thanks to Phil's tip)

Christine and OPR. :cool: