• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

my first ever...just returned

Started by KathyCr, September 17, 2007, 11:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyCr

Good golly, I've been sitting on this since forever...and finally just turned it in...I was a little self conscious cuz I've seen some criticism of photos that I'd have thought were fine...and folks call "easy" what looked very complicated to me.

But Christine was very effusive about saying this looked just great...she couldn't see why I had any doubts, so now I'm brave enough to show my meager efforts here. :-)

BEFORE

AFTER

Ausimax

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the fray! Don't be afraid of posting you work here, you will always get a heap of good advice and help and learn many ways to overcome problems.

It doesn't seem to matter how much you inspect your work, when you post it there will be items that will be noticed by others, I've been posting work for ages and mine still gets picked to pieces, its our best QC system, after hours spent looking at the damaged image and what you are doing with it you tend to loose your objectivity and sometimes don't see the obvious. :'(

The number of times I have checked and rechecked a photo before I post it, then the minute it appears in your post you spot a glaringly obvious fault, then you excuse yourself by saying " well I had to leave them something to crit". :-[

You have done a nice job, I look forward to seeing much more of your work. :up2:

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

rockthumper

Well said AussieMax and well done Kathy. Great improvement in the clarity.  :)

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Great job Kathy, nice to see you posting. Everyone isin the same boat as Max mentioned but it's a great learning curve. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Kathy,

You did a great job! Don't ever be afraid of posting your work for fear it will be picked apart. You will find the nicest bunch of people here who can help you when you get stuck. Plus, there is such a wide range of experience on this Forum, that you will learn so much by having them critique your work.

Margie 
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

Welcome Kathy,
you did a lovely job on your first pic.
None of us bite  here... well, not very hard anyway. ;)
We all help one another and it's great to see the progress people make on their restorations.

Hannie

Hi Kathy,

Congrats on your first, you did a great job!  :up2:
Like Max already put in to words so well, don't worry about criticism.  As you can see the people on this forum are a sweet bunch, they know a lot and are very helpful and encouraging.  (They're also very funny sometimes.)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Kathy

I want to add my welcome and comments to you.  Keep in mind that some of what we do here can be quite subjective, so you'll find some interesting divergences in the comments on just one restoration.  The critiques are sometimes detailed and pointed, but I haven't experienced anyone being unfair or mean-spirited.  And most feedback is spot on.  There's nothing that says if you don't agree with someone else's view of what you're doing that you have to follow their path, but it gives you more perspective on what you're doing and helps evaluate your progress.

That said -- welcome to the forum, and I think you did a fine job on your young man.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

phischer

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on this one, it looks good as new. There's nothing more I would have done to it. Just remember that there is a big difference between criticism and a critique. No one here ever criticizes anyone else's work. It just helps to have some new "fresh" eyes look over your work from time to time. There is usually always something that was missed. (at least by me  :D )

sanbie

Oh my ..yes I can vouch for that!! Sometimes no matter how hard you try...you cannot see what is sitting right there in front of you..A new and fresh pair of eyes are what are needed sometimes...I think if you take the view that you are trying to get the best result for the person the photo belongs to...You will then know it is not criticism but everyone trying their hardest to help you achieve that result..So far everyone here has been wonderful to me..some things I have taken onboard..others I have stuck with what I feel...Either way every bit of advice has been helpful...

Now your restore...I think you have done a wonderful job on this and I know the family will be over the moon to receive it back...

Welcome to the forum :up:

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

KathyCr

:loveit:Wow, thanks for all the wonderful welcomes and encouragement!!!
And I would NEVER think anyone would be unkind...I just can be such a harsh perfectionist to myself,  not knowing when "good enough" is indeed good enough. I can internalize it quite easily from others...

But you are right, there is so much to be learned from the collective experience gathered here!

I'll try to be brave!   :up:

sanbie

paintshop pro X1

OPRAng

Nice work! I am glad you changed your mind and decided to post!
Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

klassylady25