• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My Latest

Started by Ausimax, September 15, 2007, 10:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

This is my latest photo, check it out and give me your thoughts please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

:wnw: Great job so far Max. It seems this whole set of photos has the same reflection problem with texture. ???
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

phischer

I think you've done a real nice job here.  It seems like everyone is dealing with those annoying white dots these days.  I think your version could benefit from a levels adjustment and a tweak of the color balance.

I also added a layer on top containing a copy of a flattened version which I played around with the shadow/highlight tool and then set the layer to luminosity. This showed a bit more detail especially in her dress.

rockthumper

That's looking great  :wow: Stunning job, both of you. :up2:

Ratz

Great job once again Max :up:

Hannie

Max, that looks so good!  Great job!  :up2:
Phil, that luminosity trick works really well!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Max

Stellar job! How did you eliminate the dots?

I have only a couple of picks.  The floor to our right has a magenta cast that doesn't match the rest. I think the older woman's face could use some smoothing and contouring and the wall behind her a bit more consistency in color and texture.  There are areas that are lighter than the rest of the background. (This is more evident in Phil's adjusted version, which I think improves the color.)

The bride looks wonderful!

Cheers,

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi folks,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, Have done a bit more cleaning up and final colour correction and I think this is pretty much what will be going home. I haven't lightened the background as I think it detracts focal interest from the people, and I believe that they colour correct to suit the printing process.

Glenna, through most of the image the spots were removed one by one with the healing tool and clone stamp, I didn't want to use any global solution as they all tend to degrade the quality of the image and I didn't want to loose the detail in the bridal dress and veil.

On the stone wall I painted the stones and cleaned up the mortar with the healing tool and a bit of painting.

This is my next problem, and is it a doozy, think I will have to try some global fixes on this one, the white spot population is just too great.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Thanks Kiska, only trouble I find if I try to push it much further the faces start to posterise.

Max

Tess (Tassie D)

At least you have a great pic of the bride to get her dress and the bouquet right in the next one Max.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

QuoteThanks Kiska, only trouble I find if I try to push it much further the faces start to posterise.

FILTER>NOISE>DESPECKLE might help.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

I got one of the same batch.  The white spots are so intense that if I de-speckled too much, I lost the texture of everything.  If I used FFT filter, by the time the white spots were gone, the black spots appeared at the complementary area that did not have much white spots.

I am resorting to one-by-one healing brush.  It worked well but very time consuming.

Max, could we trade the hi-res photo.  It looked like I may use the bottom of the wedding dress.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Holy Smoke, Max

You have another doozie to keep you busy!  I've found the same thing that you have; any global changes to rid a photo of debris is too degrading to the image.  I'm still hunting through my books and am in the middle of an Adobe Total Training Photoshop CS2 course, to be followed by an advanced CS2 course.  I'm hoping that Deke (McClelland) has some miraculous technique that'll alleviate the tedium of ridding these images of spots one-by-one.  Keep your fingers crossed.  (I've crossed my eyes!)

By the way, your tweaks on the first photo look much better.  I wouldn't get too wrapped up in general color correction because our printer takes care of that based on their output specs.

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your help and comments, Glenna I think if you hope to find a quick fix for these problems you probably also believe in the tooth fairy, I stick with Father Christmas he sometimes delivers. :funny:

Yeah, the next one will have me seeing the odd spot before the eyes for a while.

schen, have sent you a PM re the dress.

Max