• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Removing White Dots

Started by rockthumper, September 14, 2007, 08:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Here is the other file sanbie, with all this help you should have enough spare parts to build several.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

sanbie

I have tried and tried and no matter what I do I cannot seem to do this photo justice so I am going to return it for someone else to have a go with it...

Thanks for all your help though

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Hannie

That was a hard one Sanbie, I've tried for hours and nothing looked good enough, picture always came out looking too painted.
Can't blame you for sending this one back!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Yeah I got it to the point of the dots not been that bad..but then when I used the healing tool..it just went worse...I couldn't seem to judge this one at all...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Hannie

Problem with those white dots arise when they cover the areas of the face!  Any other area looks acceptable after cleanup but never the face!  Aaargh!   :mad:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

I manually healed the white spots on the face, veil and the surrounding area; duplicated the layer and use Max's method to clear the rest of the white spots.  That slightly blurred the whole picture.  Then I masked out the face and veil of the duplicated/blurred layer.  The result is a compromise of sharpness and time.  I tried to manually clear the flower arrangement in the background but found that I actually prefer the blurred background.

Any comments?

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Hi Chen!

The slight blurring in the background makes the beautifully restored bride stand out even better!  Amazing job,  really well done!  :up2:
Now Chen, if you really are in desperate need of a single little comment, here goes: the area in the background on the right of the bride's head could be just a tiny bit darker (burn tool?).  (It really isn't even worth mentioning...)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

schen

Thanks Hannie.  It was definitely worth mentioning.  That area had the worst white spots besides the bottom.  The scratch removal blended in a little bit of white.  I will burn the area.

The bottom was worse but I manually reconstructed.  It is a little reddish.  I think the red tint is from the reflection of the red carpet.  I am debating whether I should remove the tint.
Shujen Chen

sanbie

:wnw: What a beautiful restore Schen..they will be rapt to get this one back!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Chen

One word: awesome!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Chen,

Really beautiful job!

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Chen, I just also noticed how you rebuild the bottom of the gown: a dressmaker worthy!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Thanks Hannie,

It was the photos from Max with the complete bottom of the same wedding gown that helped me to reconstruct it.

I did darken the area behind the face to the right.  Thank you for pointing that out.  I know  if you can see it, somebody else will.

clickable thumbnail
Shujen Chen