• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Photo Help

Started by hoodman3, September 13, 2007, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

Thanks everybody for the input. Special thanks Hannie for the tut link. I've been away from the computer for a couple of days, but hope to have the photo finished mid week. I'll post it again.
Thanks again for all the input!
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

hoodman3

I tried the tut and all seemed OK except I could not figure out how to "copy" the lightness channel. I ended up "duplicating it. After moving back to RGB mode I was able to add the lightness channel to the bottom of the channel palette, but not "paste" it into the blue channel. I'm using PS7. Can anyone guess at what I'm doing (or not doing) wrong?
Thanks,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

KathyCr

I took the latest version you posted and just played a little in PSE...it has this "skin color" adjustment....wow, that made a big difference.

I was one of those who was originally sure the top was yellow, too, but not anymore!!

Hannie

Quote from: hoodman3 on September 17, 2007, 08:08:02 PM
I tried the tut and all seemed OK except I could not figure out how to "copy" the lightness channel. I ended up "duplicating it. After moving back to RGB mode I was able to add the lightness channel to the bottom of the channel palette, but not "paste" it into the blue channel. I'm using PS7. Can anyone guess at what I'm doing (or not doing) wrong?
Thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete,

When you are looking at the Lightness channel in Lab, first you should go to Select>All and then to Edit>Copy.
You should then be able to paste  in RGB blue channel.
(The blue channel needs some adjustment after)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

Hannie, I took a quick stab at it and it worked fine. I mistakenly was trying to drag or copy the lightness BAR, instead of the image itself. Duh?!? Anyway thanks a million for the help!
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Hannie

You're welcome Pete!
The only reason I was able to help with this copy/paste thing is because I made the same mistake myself not long ago!   ;)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

OK, there's no denying that I'm on a learning curve but here's what I've got. Hope to upload tomorrow nite.

Any last comments welcome.
Thanks a billion Hannie.
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

hoodman3

For those who guessed at the color of the girl's shirt, I vote peach.LOL
Windows XP, CS3

klassylady25

Not bad for your learning curve!  lol  ;)

Ratz

Very nicely done Pete :up:

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Pete,

Nice job! Boy was I off on the color, but now it looks perfect. This was a very interesting thread and I learned a lot from the tut.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Pete -- Exceptional job!  And you generated a great thread with interesting discussion on color.  We all learn!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)