• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Photo Help

Started by hoodman3, September 13, 2007, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

Does the yellow part of the girls shirt seem to be the accurate or original part of the photo? The yellow also shows up on the bottom part of his shirt that makes it red not maroon. There is also a definite line across his forearm and her face. Seems to me there are mutiple types of damage and possibly not caused at the same time.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Tess (Tassie D)

Theres a definite line there. The question is, is the more brightly coloured area the correct piece or the other way round? It looks like something was over the top opf the dull section.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

I would definitely say the girls top is beige..not yellow...as the line going across and up are all surface colours so must be damage...
Well thats the way I see it!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

hoodman3

For this thread I'm calling the areas yellow and maroon. The yellow looks more natural than the maroon. It's very puzzling that the parameters are rectilinear. I can't imagine how  the damage occured. I'm leaning towards the yellow area. It makes the girl look right and after I doctor the photo the boys shirt will be red.
Thanks,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

glennab

Pete, I agree.  I just ran auto levels and auto color on the original, and the skin tones, especially of the girl's hands look much more natural than the boy's skin where there's less yellow.  I did a loose selection around the boy, added yellow, inversed the selection and took out just a little yellow from rest of the photo, and the balance looked pretty good.  Very strange damage, for sure.

Good luck!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

To add to the confusion Pete:

When you look at the blue jeans, the little girl's are partly in the yellow area and it doesn't look right.  It seems to me that the jeans in the "maroon" area look more natural.  :D

Hannie

P.S.
I found this on the web, haven't had time to try it myself but it looks interesting!
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-restoration/12622-removing-yellow-blotches-restoration.html

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

phischer

I think the "yellow" area is the more natural looking one. I also think she is definitely wearing a yellow shirt.

Mhayes

I'm going with the yellow shirt also. I think the other shirt is maroon and I'm wondering if the funny shade at the bottom is a case of the yellow ink washing into the other shade. I think that is why the jeans look funny on the one side is because of the yellow mixing in with blue to give it a funny shade of green.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Pete,

To remove the yellow lines I copied the light channel in Lab colors, pasted in to the RGB blue channel, then adjusted the RGB blue channel curves.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Mmmm looks beige to me...Aren't they cuties though!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

sanbie

Is my screen not seeing right..I think thats a brown/beige not yellow...am I missing something?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

kiska

:wow:  It looks brown/beige to me.................or am I TOTALLY  :crazy:?

RGB = 159,117,103.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Nope, nothing wrong with your screen, beige all along!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

WooHoo..I picked right!!  It happens sometimes!!  :funny: :funny:

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1