• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Input needed please

Started by sanbie, September 13, 2007, 04:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanbie

Ok I have gone over and over with this and I think I need to either leave it for a day or two and have some wisdom from here!!

This is what I think...maybe...

Original

What do you think?

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Hannie

Wow, Sanbie, that looks really good!  I'm working on this boy's little brother and I didn't do such a good job on those yellow stains as you did!  :wnw:

It seems to me that the right part of his face (jaw) got just a little bit bigger than in the original? 
I tried to (in a very sloppy way) to change it to where I think it should be in the picture below.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I'd slim the jaw a little but you're going great with it Sanbie. :up: Thats a real 70's haircut. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Thanks for that..I will look into it..but for now before I go doing all final bits..I really want to know about the arms...Do you think they are like I have put, or do you see something different????

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

klassylady25

I do think you have the pose right Sanbie.  Are you considering long or short sleeves?  I think they are short sleeves.   ;)  Two cents worth!

schen

It appeared that the original had too much of the background and lower torso for a head shot.  It might be a good candidate for cropping.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Chen, I'm with you on this one.  The portrait is so far off center that the crop makes a much better composition.  Plus there won't be the "trying to make something out of nothing" at the bottom.  I couldn't begin to guess the position of the arms, the type of sleeves or anything else.  And there's nothing in the background to lose. 

Sanbie, I do, however think the area of his cheek and chin that are damaged should be slimmer.  The contours aren't easily visible, but they can be discerned in the original.

Nice work on the clean-up!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Thanks for all the input guys..I might just see how far I can go before I have to give up and just send it back like that...As well as one with nothing done there and then let them choose!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Ausimax

Unfortunately, badly composed or not it is a Studio Portrait and I would be inclined to leave it without cropping, it shouldn't be to hard to do the bottom as there are no hands to worry about, hard to tell about the sleeves, no jumper and open neck I would vote for short sleeves.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

sanbie

Well I have decided these are the two I am sending back...

This one with the mess all still at the bottom...

AND this one so if they wish to crop it they might get a better pic out of it!

Example: this pic cropped...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Sanbie.  :wnw: The owner can choose the best way to go with it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Thanks hun...Thought about this all night..and when I can't decide I always send the two to let them choose!!
Chickens way out I suppose... ;D

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1