• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

For your final scrutiny....

Started by GP, September 10, 2007, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

Here is my latest restoration, a panorama. There where 4 pieces to assemble, unfortunately there was also some glare caused by the photographic lights to deal with.

here is the result:

I think it could be cropped a little more, it's hard to get it level and you can actually see where it was spliced together originally. It all depends on the final printing size if imperfections will still be visible.
Thanks for looking  :loveit:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Wow I think you have done an awesome job on it!!  :up:

Sanbie

paintshop pro X1

rockthumper

The girl in the third row from the back... 14th from the left hand side.... I think you made her earrings look too dark.   :D ;)
Excellent work!

kiska

Quote14th from the left hand side.... I think you made her earrings look too dark. 

:funny:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hi Gerlinde,

I totally agree with RT!  Now why didn't you see that yourself?

Just kidding Gerlinde!  You have done a truly amazing job restoring this pano, can't believe how good it looks!
:wnw:  :wnw:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Gerlinde,

Great Job! Out of curiosity, how large was this picture?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

klassylady25

:up2: :wow:   :hug:

They are fun aren't they!!  I'm working on the second pano.  This one is of the officers but I'm enjoying it very very much.  Yours came out great!! 

GP

Thank you all so much, my friends for the nice feedback!  :loveit:

Rockthumper, you almost got me there, I started counting the ladies in the back.  :wow: ( and welcome to the forum! )  ;D

MarCat, I'm not exactly sure about the size of the final pano. It said in the picture title 40 X 16. But all the pieces were only about 9" in hight ( at 300 dpi). After putting it all together it is something like 32 X 9 ( at 300 dpi ). If they print it at 240 dpi ( I think that would be standard printing resolution) it will end up being 40" x 11".
So I will be sending it back since you all like it the way it turned out.  :up:

Thanks again

Gerlinde

glennab

Hi Gerlinde

I think you did an awesome job on this monster, other than the major glitch with the earring that RT pointed out (we're gonna have to watch that character, I think he's going to make life quite challenging!)

What's freaking me out is that this looks exactly like a pano I have of my senior girls' choir, and I swear I recognize faces.  I'm going to have to dig mine out of my who-knows-where-they-are old photos and see if I'm imagining things.

Well done!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Thank you Glenna!

Let me know if you find your pano, if it is in better shape than this one we can send it to Christine in stet.
I guess you are right about RT!

I loved your Biloxi Beacon but I'm still waiting for a group picture.

Gerlinde  :hug:

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

GP

Wow, Kiska

how did you get this? Did you go on this trip too? I recognize Glenna ( even she's not wearing her OPR t-shirt ), Dave and Mike, who are the others?

Gerlinde

glennab

Hi Gerlinde --

I haven't seen this photo either.  kiska has a secret source.

The people in the photo are, left to right standing, Christine Pentecost, Mike Morones, Val Horvath, Lauren Terry, Angelina Medina, Glenna Boyette, Jan Neil.  Kneeling: Dave Ellis.

I have to say I think we're all better looking than you'd assume from this image!  I'd guess (at least I hope!) we're victims of more creative mayhem!

This was one of the goodbye shots in the Office Depot parking lot.  (Waaaaaaa!!!)

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)