• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is it a bird?

Started by Ausimax, August 13, 2007, 01:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

My latest project, thoughts and opinions please.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

I don't think so Max. It reminds me of the damage on that one Sanbie had. http://www.oprworkshop.org/forum/index.php?topic=809.0
Nice job on it. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Nice job Max. I also think it's damage.

Ausimax

Hi Tassie,Ratz,

Hard to tell with some isn't it, what makes me think it could be a bird (mobile) is the marking like a crest on its head and the fact that it has what appears to be a shadow, may upload two versions, one sans bird.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Hannie

I love the wallpapering job Max!   :up2:
I looked at this over and over again, I really think you are save to repaper that "bird".

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

phischer

It's not a bird....it's a plane...no, wait, it's Superman! Nah, I think it's just damage. I can imagine the owner of this photo picking it up and seeing the damage and then trying to wipe a finger across it to see if any of the damage can be removed, only to create streaks in it that might look a little like this.

kstruve

I'm also in the "it's not a bird" school of thought on this one.  If it were a mobile or something, hanging away from the wall, it would have a shadow similar to, and consistent with the shadows to the right sides of the ladies.

Kurt

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Thanks for you opinions, I think I will give the bird the boot, it does nothing for the image in my mind, except detract from the ladies.

Max

sanbie

:up: Great restore Max...Yep I agree repaper...

Sanbie   
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Max, you did a great job on this restoration.  I agree that the "bird" is damage.  One question:  is the spot on the woman in the middle's cheek a mole or damage?

It probably would be a fun exercise to go through the really damaged areas from these restorations and pull up the odd images, like the bird, that appear  from time to time and make an OPR muck montage.  (We're going to have to find something to keep us off the streets until the copy run once a few brave souls take the last of the "impossibles.")

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your help, Glenna, the middle Lady's face, a judgement call, I think it is a blemish not damage, so I opted to leave it.

Max