• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A question for Ausimax

Started by glennab, August 09, 2007, 03:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Chen, I couldn't agree with you more.  I think we're moving into a time of peace and acceptance that's going to make the world a much better place.  We're not there yet, but I see the signs, and I'm encouraged!  Here's hoping!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Quoteupside-down people (those Aussies! – or at least Max claims they're that way, and the idea tickles me

We are Glenna. This is my signature from another forum I'm on.  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

G'day to you too Tess, I love your avatar!

We  all speak English on this forum but the way we use and perceive it of course is greatly influenced by our cultural background.  Unwittingly I have made enemies in the past by using the wrong phrase in a particular situation.  Anyone who has ever tried to learn another language will understand that and not interpret these slip ups in a negative sense.

(The acceptance of us lefties has reached a milestone:  believe me or not but today happens to
"International Lefties Day", honestly, I didn't make this up!)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Goedemorgen Hannie. Yes I know all about learning (trying to anyway) another language. Our aussie lingo gets us in heaps of trouble sometimes. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Goedemorgen?  Good on'ya Tess!
I love Australian, am watching the reruns of The Flying Doctors every year just to hear the lingo and to see that amazing light you have down there...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Yes it's a beautiful place here. Mind you I'll have your weather at the moment. The Overtoom looks bright and sunny this morning and it's already 18 degrees.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Well it's definitely not like winter here...26  degrees sun shining...still no rain!!   If this is winter I am not looking forward to summer at all...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1