• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Latest Photo

Started by hoodman3, August 08, 2007, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

This is my latest photo, but I have a question. Does the shadow to the left of the child look real? Shouldn't it conform to the irregularities of the tree shape and not be so hard edged? Could the child be sitting in front of a Christmas tree background? It seems to be only on his arm and head and not his neck area. I'll work around it for now, but all comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

kstruve

The shadow looks right to me.  It's what you get when you turn a camera with a built in flash counterclockwise 90 degrees - a shadow to the subject's left.  To my eye, the shadow does conform to the tree irregularities.  It's closer to him where a branch protrudes forward (near his neck), and further from him against the floor.

Kurt

hoodman3

Thanks Kurt, for now it's being left as is, or is there something that can be improved?
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

glennab

Hi Pete

I played around with your little guy, masked off his face and did some color adjusting, flattened the file and then used the eyedroppers in the Curves window to pull up color that I think is more vibrant.  Just another view, done very quickly and obviously could use a few more tweaks.  I also sharpened it just a little bit.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

hoodman3

Thanks Glenna, I intend to do something to bring up the facial features even though a child's soft features could have easily gotten washed out with the flash.
Thanks again,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3