• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Soldier in the Works

Started by klassylady25, July 28, 2007, 08:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

By klassylady25 at 2007-07-28

This is the original.  Below is a link to the full size.  I've barely started inbetween moving and next week will drive to Dallas, meet my big brother and he and I will attend the services for my Aunt Harriet that passed last Friday.  See you when I come home.   :hug: Candice

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1229/927273476_4597bdd76c_b.jpg

glennab

Hi Candy

I'm so sorry you lost your aunt.  Have a safe trip to Dallas and back.

This soldier is wonderful.  All of his features are there, so even tho the clean up will be time-consuming, you won't have to go nuts trying to figure out what's there.  Can you imagine how precious these older military photos must be to their owners?

Hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

LSC

Wow, another "jaunty" soldier - look at the angle of that hat!  I noticed that to the left the camera-left eye there is a good chunk of what appears to be a good sample of skin texture.
I am sorry about your aunt. - Lee

Tess (Tassie D)

It will take some cleaning but it will turn out great. Condolences to your family and have a safe trip.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

I love military.  You'll see a great deal of them from me.  This is the update.

Tess (Tassie D)

He's coming along very nicel Candy. :up: I must admit I've yet to see a not so handsome man in uniform, they all look so gallant.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

He's about as ready as he can be.  I will sleep on it tonight and review in the AM, adding any last adjustments before sending him home. I already see a few shadows/shades that need a touch-up, but shall wait when I have fresher eyes. Let me know what you think.   :D

glennab

Hi Candy,

Nice work!  I keep looking at the restoration as opposed to the original, and something about the area from his mouth to his chin bothers me.  I think in the original his chin is more square (not by much), but it changes the look of his face.  The original guy looks a bit more rugged and maybe a bit older.

Hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Its coming well Candy, the thing that stands out to me is his tie and collar line, in the original his tie pokes out  and you have changed the line of his collar on both side by how you have changed the tie, aside from that its looking great.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

sanbie

I think shading on his chin and a little bit under his mouth will fix it all...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

beckysell

I agree with Sandie and Max, and maybe just a slight slight reshaping of the the eye on his left/our right where the white of the eye is.  I've just found that when the eyes and mouth are done really well, it makes the photo. 
Great job on this one!!
Becky

klassylady25

Final works.  I've tried to utilize all your suggestions. He told me this morning that he's tired of being smudged, clones, colored on, and poked.  I do wish he'd stop fussing!!   :-\  I think it's time he went home.

Hannie

That looks great Candice!  Those shadows are right on the spot, good job!   :up:

(that was a really lame pun...bur then, the leopard can't change his spots)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]