• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Pets Of OPR

Started by zapphnath, March 26, 2007, 03:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Phisher -- does that count?  Yikes!  Are you kidding.  That's absolutely wonderful.  We'll have to start a new thread just for the beautiful new babies of OPR.  (or old babies, or grandbabies – whatever babies we happen to be mad about!) Congratulations!  What an exciting time. Is this your first child?

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

we'll have to see if we can whip up an OPR bib.   ;)

sanbie

Oh wow how exciting a new life...It's funny you know you get to my age and you love the new little ones..and I think that's mainly because we can love and spoil them...Then hand them back!!

Congrats and look forward to seeing the photo's when the little one arrives!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Sanbie -- I don't know how old you are, but I'm 61 and have 7 grandkids.  After my son was grown and my stepdaughters moved out I didn't have much interest in kids.  Whoa!  Then the grandbabies started coming, and I just went bananas over every little kid I saw.  Still do.  Some sort of "grandparent" syndrome, I'd wager.  I once again adore little ones.  They make life seem so fresh and new and wonderful.  I just spent the weekend with our 16-year-old granddaughter, and she always perks me up.  All that young energy.  Love it.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: John on July 24, 2007, 07:26:25 PM
we'll have to see if we can whip up an OPR bib.   ;)

Here we go, complete with ragged edges, missing bits, in need of a restoration.  :funny:

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Glenna you have beaten me by 2 years!!
I must admit I think new born to the age of say 3 are the cutest...then about 9 ...I have older grandkids but I can never keep up with the talk!! I am forever asking my grand daughter to repeat what she just said into english!

Tess that bib is awesome..Awww could you see it on a baby...Awww

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

pcraft

Hahaha Tassie, that's excellent...   :up:

As for pets of OPR, I don't have any at the moment.... We lost our 2 dogs basically to old age over the
last 2 years and have been holding off for a bit before acquiring any new ones...  But, we've had a ton of
racoons around here causing a fair bit of damage to Bren's water garden almost nightly... So, we've
resorted to live trapping and relocating the pesky critters...  Last night, 2 young ones entered the cage
together...  Here's their photo... 

And here they are in their relocated area, scurrying off... 

sanbie

Awww aren't they cute!! I can say that because we don't have them over here!! Bet they will remember where the garden is!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

lol they certainly are cute, though not when they're wrecking your garden. I love the masks on them, makes them look like bandits. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

phischer

Thanks for all the kind words...I'll be sure to post some pics when my son is born. And yes this is our first child and my Mom's first grandchild.  I expect my Mom to come down with that "grandma" syndrome. ;D

glennab

Robert, the photos of the raccoons are precious.  They ARE rapscallions, though.  We learned our lesson camping at Ft. DeSoto, when my son & I first started spending weekends there.  I left my car windows open while we went for a walk, and we had to go grocery shopping when we got back, because all the food had either been eaten or picked over. They even knew how to open the coolers -- the "locking" ones.

One of the funniest things that we've experienced with raccoons was on a camping trip to Myakka State Park, south of the Skyway.  A crowd of us had gotten together to cook our meal at the campground, and we sat around gabbing with our tummies full and our bodies totally wrecked from a day of hiking and biking.  All of a sudden one of the storage containers disappeared off the end of the table and up a nearby tree. A few minutes later a quite empty container AND lid hit the table.  Stinkers!  It was good for a laugh, and the story is still making the rounds.

Tess, they look like bandits, and bandits they are!

Phisher, knowing this is your first child and your Mom's first grandbaby is even more exciting!  And I guarantee she'll have the "grandma" syndrome.  I love the t-shirt that says "If I'd known how much fun grandchildren were, I'd have had them first!"  You're in for a wonderful ride!  Enjoy every minute of it.

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)