• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Max's Latest

Started by Ausimax, July 20, 2007, 08:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

My latest project.

Comments and suggestions please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

John

wow Max, that is really nice.  nice job.  The only really nitpicky things that I would try to tweak would be to smooth the edge on the overhead balcony and maybe add a little bit more shadow?

Again, those are so minor it might not be a big deal, but those were the only two things that caught my eye.

Still a 10 out of 10 rating from me.  Excellent work.

schen

I am getting really picky on such a nice restoration.

If I brighten the balcony, the kid's T-shirt seemed long and the floor tiles did not align well.  If you just print as is, you probably can't even tell.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Juliet

Wow, great job.  The only thing that stuckout for me was the boy's shirt.  It still seems a little damaged, and there is a lide across where his should blades are.  Great job though, I'm working on a picture of the same little boy.

phischer

Great Job on this one Max. I agree that the overhead could be softened a tad and maybe some little cleanup on the boy's shirt. I was wondering if you have CS2 and considered using the vanishing point tool to fix the bricks. This seems like a great candidate for it. I've always wanted to try the vanishing point feature in a real world situation, but really haven't found the opportunity yet.
In case you are not familiar with it, here are some video tutorials. (Actually this page is a great resource for all around video tutes)
http://wikivid.com/index.php/Photoshop#Retouching

Ratz

Looks great to me Max :up:
another brilliant resto!

schen

Wow! Perspective tools in CS2.  Now I have to start saving money to upgrade my old PS7.  Thanks for the link to the tutorial.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

John, the jaggies along the roof-line are a compression artifact, they don't occur in the full size photo, you are right about the shading though.

schen, I don't know if I should be complimented that you had to go to such lengths to find something to pick, or slighted that you felt you had to.

Juliet, the shirt still needs a touch up, and is probably too long,will most likely give him lighter blue shorts.

Phischer, I have CS2 but I haven't used the vanishing point tool yet, I think that comes in a later lesson, it may have been handy on this though, I could only clean up two rows and copied them, sounds easy but did it take some work to make them fit, I may darken that area again - I had to lighten it up to be able to find the detail, though it probably won't be visible anyway as it is only a 4x6,  thanks for the link will check the tuts out, the trouble with PS, too many things to try and learn.

Thanks Ratz and Tassie D

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

sanbie

I think you have and are doing a fantastic job on this! Well done..

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

John

And I'd just add that I think the tiles are a non-issue.  The randomness seems natural to me and I don't think anyone would ever notice.  The reflection you added at the end of the tiles is perfect also.

Ausimax

Thanks Folks,

This is what I sent home.

Max

glennab

Awesome, Max.

I don't know how you do it!  One would have to really study this one to see the retouching.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

:wnw: Now that is awesome!! Well done Max!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

klassylady25