• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride and Bridesmaid

Started by kstruve, July 16, 2007, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcraft

Hi Kurt...  I'd think with the amazing quality of your restorations, no one is going to complain
about the time involved or set critical time limits...  Keep up the good work...   :up:

Regards,
Robert

kstruve

I think I'm finally in the final stretch on this photo.  There is still more work to be done on the bride's dress, the bridesmaid's dress and flowers, and some other details like the bridesmaid's arms.  How do the bridesmaid's new legs look?  I'm thinking of making her shoes a dark color to help them recede more.

The background has been totally replaced as you can see.  I just did a gradient with the lightest areas being up front on the bottom and on the right side.  I tried to keep the background as nondescript as possible and still seem realistic.  What do you guys think of how it's all coming together?

Thanks!
Kurt

Lorraine

Hi Kurt,

I think it looks great.  One suggestion -- you might want to eliminate the "stuff" under the bride's gown in the forefront of the photo.  Just make it look like the gown goes to the floor.

Great work.

Lorraine

kstruve

Thanks Lorraine,

Yeah, I'm still working on that area of the bride's dress.  I'm still trying to figure out the extents of her dress in that damaged area.

Kurt

glennab

Hi Kurt

It's amazing!  Not that I'd expect any less.  I'd definitely go with darker shoes for the bridesmaid.  They're not overly prominent now, but darker would be better in my opinion.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Wow this is coming along so well..it looks great!...I love what you have done with the legs and shoes...but I to think darker shoes may be best...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

klassylady25

:up:  Better you than me!  Love your work. 

Hannie

I second the darker shoes, you have done such an amazing job on an impossible photo, I love the new legs!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

OPRAng

I know a lot of women that would like to sign up for a new pair of legs...Seriously though, nice work.
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

kstruve

Thanks guys!

I think this is nearing completion now.  I'm at the point where I'm mostly just finessing things here and there.  I've darkened the bridesmaid's shoes, cleaned up the bottom of the bride's dress, cleaned up the bridesmaid's arms and fixed some other details.  How's it looking now?

Thanks for looking and offering so many great comments and compliments!

Kurt

P.S.  Now that I'm looking at it, I think I need to darken the area near the bride's right elbow near her torso.  It should be in more shadow there.

phischer

Looks nice. I'd soften up the line of the bride's dress where it covers the bridesmaid but other than that it looks good to go! :up2:

kiska

The bridesmaid might be floating a little bit.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

GP

Hi Kurt - fantastic job  :up:
I don't know how much more effort you would like to put into this restoration, but just in case you are bored and don't know what else to do: I see 2 dark spots on the bride's dress/skirt right in the middle, there is also a dark line on the maids sleeve, her right shoulder and a couple of dark spots on the "thing?" she is holding in front of her. Kiska - good catch, I had that impression too. Maybe it is the background, there is no break between the wall and the floor.

Gerlinde  :)
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

cmpentecost

This is looking beautiful Kurt!  My only comment is that I agree with Kiska...the bridesmaid needs perhaps some shadowing around her feet.  You've done a beautiful job on the dresses.

Christine

Ausimax

Hi Kurt,

Everybody seems to have covered most of the bases, my only other pick is that I think you have made the bridesmaids chin too pointed, when I check the first two photos you posted it looks more rounded in the original, other than that you have done a great job of dragging so much detail out of the mess. :up2:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!