• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Chen's easy workshop

Started by schen, July 15, 2007, 01:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

I took a break from that impossible task and work on an easier one.  What an adorable baby!
It was much more difficult than I expected because:

- It was a high quality studio portrait.  Trying to restore to studio quality is much more work than those flash snapshots.

- The high resolution 8x10 choked my little old computer.  From time to time, I have to take a break for the computer to finish the task

- While working on her left shoulder, I accidentally stamped out all the white and blue dots that I later realized were part of the dress.

As always, any comments and advises are appreciated.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

paula

It looks beautiful, Chen. :loveit:  Your hard work paid off.
Paula

glennab

Hi Chen

Masterful job.  And oh, those eyes!  How can you not fall in love with these babies?

I posted a solution to your masking problem in your thread specific to that issue.  Let me know if it works for you if you have to do that type of masking again.

I know what you mean about the large photos choking your computer.  I have a 9 year-old Mac G3 on which I did my first few restorations.  When I'd try to create hair I'd use the smudge tool, go get a cup of coffee, come back, and it MIGHT be completed.  Got so frustrated that I burned the numbers off my credit card and got a MacPro and an Apple 20-in LCD monitor.  What a difference!  My current restoration is an 11x14, and with the layers comes to 180-plus Mb (I shifted to CMYK for a while to get more detail and the file went up to 230 Mb.  Not a problem.  The poor G3 would have cursed me and died)!

Have a great what's left of the weekend!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

What a cutie, those huge beautiful eyes. Great job Chen.  :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

:wnw: What an awesome restore..and isn't she a cutie..they will be so pleased to get that back..Well done and thanks for showing us!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

schen

I did a few minor touch-ups and I am sending her home.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Juliet

Great job!  What a cutie pie!