• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newest Photo

Started by hoodman3, July 13, 2007, 02:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

How does this one look? Am I on the right track?
Thanks for comments
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Ausimax

Hi Pete,

He is coming up well, only thing I see is I think the "highlight" on his chin may be damage from the area I have outlined, it seem to large an area and the wrong shape to be a natural lighting feature.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Pete, I think you've done a wonderful job.  Especially in blending the jacket where the fading was funky looking.  I agree with Max about the chin.  Much too light to be natural. Ditto the light area to the right as we look at him that's possibly a continuation of the same damage.  I'd blend that in to match the rest of the background.

I so want to pull his jacket down and get rid of the wrinkles!  But they're in the original, so no artificial, even if improved, tweaks!

And Kurt, I wish my moustache looked that good too, darn it!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

I believe sepia image is an imitation of the aging of a picture and therefore should not have any white left.

All these mustache talk, I am going to stop shaving.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Juliet

I would give his hair another look.  It looks to me like his hair got a little more angled on the top.  I would round it slightly so that it matches the original and blur that top edge a little so that it looks more natural.

hoodman3

I have a question about this photo, which I think is finished. In the time period this photo was taken there was no color photography so any color I found was caused by age or stain. I took the color out with a selective color layer and added a brown fill adjustment layer, which after schen comment I turned it off. I also burned the chin a bit to darken. Here's what I've got.

Please let me know what you think as I want to upload this weekend
Thanks
Pete

Juliet, are you referring to the top of his head?
Windows XP, CS3

hoodman3

Juliet, does this look better?
Windows XP, CS3

Juliet

Yes, I think that is a huge improvement.

klassylady25

Didn't miss many meals did he!  lol  Great job  though.   :up:

sanbie

Nope ...he could never say he wasn't fed!  :funny: You have done an excellent restore though!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

It's great to see these old photos come back to life. :up2:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]