• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Bride and Bridesmaid

Started by kstruve, July 16, 2007, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Kurt

You've done your usual wonderful job on this toughie.  I agree with Max that the bridesmaid's chin looks a bit too pointed, and the ladies appear to be floating.  The only other thing I think I'd change would be to lighten the darker spots in the bridesmaid's bouquet to make it look less damaged.  For some reason those areas jump out at me.  I think a more ethereal look would enhance the effect of the bouquet, since you don't have any detail.

Cheers!  Kudos!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Your usual high standard Kurt, it looks great. It always amazes me what you manage to pull out of the muck! :up:

kstruve

Thanks for the eyes, guys.  Hey that rhymes!  I'll fix it up per your comments and post another version for final looksies.  Thanks again for all your help guys!

Kurt

Skywaypainter

Hi, I'm new, only done 3 pix. I live in Florida and do digital art.

Awesome work on the bride and bridesmaid!   :wnw:

kstruve

Here is my progress on this photo.  I've tried to pick up all of your comments and suggestions.  I've darkened the floor around the bridesmaid's feet, created a "corner" where the floor meets the wall, I've lightened the dark spots in the bridesmaid's bouquet, rounded off her chin, lightened the two dark spots on the bride (they are shadow areas under her bouquet, but they were distracting as dark as they were), and adjusted the dark line on the bridesmaid's sleeve.

Can anyone see anything else that's blatantly wrong, or doesn't seem quite right about this photo?  If not, I'm thinking that it's pretty much complete and I'll upload it.  Thanks!

Kurt

cmpentecost

Wow, beautiful Kurt!!  This looks wonderful!

Christine

phischer

Very very nice!  :up2:  Considering what you started with, you've done a fabulous job.

GP

Kurt,
you nailed it, no more complains! :up:  It turned out beautiful.

Gerlinde  ;D
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

kstruve

Okay guys, thank you very much for all of your help.  I've uploaded it to Photoshelter!  Done and done.

Kurt

glennab

Kurt, you've returned a treasure to the owners of this photo.  You are amazing.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Lorraine

Kurt,

It's beautiful.  You do wonderful work.

Lorraine