• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

thumb

Started by LSC, July 17, 2007, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSC

I used the burn tool to outline what I think is the shape of the arm against the pillow. Does that look right? But I am struggling with the shape of the knuckle and thumb going into the mouth and how that part of the face connects to the pillow and/ or shirt and neck. Any thoughts? -Lee

sanbie

I don't think you can see the thumb...I think thats his knuckle shape...

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Hi Lee,

I agree with Sanbie.  I don't think his thumb is visible at all.  Just the lower part of his face and his mouth.  As for his surroundings, it looks as if he's resting on a pillow, but is mostly covered with a blanket with what I'm thinking might be a shirt where the shades change to the left of his arm as we see him.  Might I suggest that you keep all of your work on a particular restoration in one thread so those of us who are trying to give you feedback have all the information in one place?  Sometimes the context of the entire image helps the rest of us get an understanding of what else is there: i.e., is grandma also covered with a blanket?  I remember that they're sharing the pillow, which is what makes the photo so precious, but I can't remember any of the other details.  Getting the background is going to be really tough, but I think if you clone close to the colors, something might become more obvious than it is in the jumble of non-image white.

Good luck, and goodnight!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)