• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Clint's Moderate Restorations

Started by clinttmbg, June 28, 2006, 03:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clinttmbg

It's been awhile since I've done restorations, but any feedback/criticism would be appreciated.
Luv the forum. :up:
SNK for life!

drcode

Mark Wilson

Well Clint, you haven't lost your touch. Just keep doing what you're doing!  :up:

-Mark.
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

clinttmbg

Wow, thats so nice!  ^-^ I really like doing restorations like everybody else here.
I guess OPR is the perfect place for folks like us!
SNK for life!

Dave

Nice work, Clint. You definitely belong here.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

John

JenPrice

Great work Clint!  I especially like the one you did of the baby, great job with that one.

clinttmbg

Thanks for the comments!
I can't wait for the next batch.
SNK for life!

pcraft

lizO

restorationmemories

happyheart

You may have been away for a while.....but you've still got the touch!  Nice job.
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

clinttmbg

Thanks again for all the postive comments...
This one is from the Hard section, but I thought
an extra thread was a bad idea.  :)

SNK for life!

Mark Wilson

That's a tough one Clint, there's so little contrast in the original. You've done well to hold onto the detail.  :up:

Can you massage the Curves any more to kick up the highlights a bit?

-Mark.
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

clinttmbg

I might be able too, the grain is so strong.. it just works against you eventually.
I haven't submitted it yet, so I'll have a look @ it ... Thanks for the input.
It took real self-control to leave the grain intact rather than using dust & scratches
or floating a layer. I actually try to do these at a higher standard than the
restorations I did at a production lab to put myself through school back in the day.

I see what ya mean about the highlights... the wedding dress should seem white to the viewer and it really doesn't now.
SNK for life!