• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The BEST PhotoShop CS2 Book?

Started by VBrestorer, June 04, 2007, 12:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

When I saw Ben at his Photoshop seminar a year and a half ago, he said he'd be doing a new book with each new release of Photoshop, covering just the new things.  It's kind of nice to be able to buy a Photoshop book for just the new stuff, instead of everything else Photoshop has.  I don't plan to upgrade just yet to CS3, but probably will at some point in time.

Christine

glennab

Chris, I'm with you on waiting a little while before upgrading to CS3.  My understanding is that there's not a lot of change, but some interesting new functions. I think if you buy the entire suite there are some extras, like Dreamweaver, but I don't really want to be a webmeister (I'll leave that to the experts -- John!)  If they don't relate to what we're doing here, I won't be in a rush, since my computer basically belongs to OPR.

I'll watch for Ben's new books though.  I still have to get through my Total Training tutorials and learn to use my Wacom.  And master that book on LAB color. That color space is so interesting and different, but it's based on a lot of math, and my brain hasn't used much math in quite a few years.  But some of the samples are totally fascinating.  I switch every night -- read myself to sleep with the LAB book one night, and the next evening dive into a great Sci Fi series I'm re-reading.  Some combination!

I need a poofer to create more TIME!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)