• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First moderate image

Started by A Center for Ants, June 28, 2006, 12:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Center for Ants

Here are the before and afters. Feel free to heap your constructive criticism & tips upon me. Lots of wrinkles and fabric, did what I could...
- A B W

capriccio

OH, this one touches me more than any baby portrait or wedding picture. I have no critiques. Just praise. The mom will LOVE it.  :loveit:

A Center for Ants

thanks, this one in particular really jumped out at me as well  when I was choosing an image to restore, just glad I can be a part of all this
- A B W

allanpat

nice work on the restoration, but is there a reason why you removed the image data from the top right corner (looks like some sort of straps, or maybe ribbon from a gift)?

I'm curious what people's opinions are on this - when restoring a photo, is it our job to return the photo as close to the original as possible, or should we use 'artistic liscense' to get rid of unnecessary image information, thus making a more artistically composed photograph?

A Center for Ants

I think what you're referring to as "straps" or "ribbons" in the upper right  are water damage marks which I removed, it might be hard to tell from the smaller images, those types of swirls were pretty abundant in that area of the photo
- A B W

allanpat

Quote from: A Center for Ants on June 28, 2006, 12:49:12 PM
I think what you're referring to as "straps" or "ribbons" in the upper right  are water damage marks which I removed, it might be hard to tell from the smaller images, those types of swirls were pretty abundant in that area of the photo

ahh, i see it now - it originally looked like a present with ribbons on it.  sorry for that.

clinttmbg

Yeah, great job. Its just a snapshot, but you know its a special picture right away.
Perfect restoration  :up:
SNK for life!

pcraft

A Center for Ants

thanks for the comments. For the next image I chose an old B&W image from the new difficult batch, this should be interesting...I'll try and post as I work
- A B W