• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just wanted to say Hi....

Started by GP, June 03, 2007, 05:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

Since I did not post lately I  would like to let you all know that I'm still here  :)
We had some turbulent time at home and did go on a 4 day cruise after Memorial Day. So I'm now ready to get back to business! I just downloaded my next challenge and I will post once I get started on it.
Happy restoring to all of you...
Gerlinde :loveit:   
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

cmpentecost

glennab

Hi Gerlinde

It's great to have you back on the forum and know you're okay.  Life does get in the way sometimes, doesn't it?  I hope  your cruise was a great time and that things at home are tranquil.

Welcome back, and I hope to see more posts from you from now on.

Glenna

P.S.  I still haven't gone back to the LAB book.  I'm reading another excellent book on restoration by Ctein, and then I think I'll try again to understand "imaginary colors!"  So far the only thing I've found useful in LAB is for sharpening an image in the Lightness channel at work.  Not much help for my OPR work.  Maybe once I understand it? We'll see.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Thanks guys for the welcome back  :loveit:

Things can turn into a mess in a hurry, but thankfully everything is normalizing now. My mother in law, who is almost 91, fell and was  laying on the bathroom floor for many hours until someone found her. Luckily she did not break any bones, but she had a lot of bruises and cuts. We found out later that she run out of her medication and lost track of time and obviously did not eat as much as she should have. She recovered pretty good so far, but now we have to make it clear to her that she needs someone to take care of her. We have organized  some home care for her now and we will see how that goes. We would like her to live with us, but she is stubborn and thinks she does not need anyone to help her.

Our cruise was very nice and a much needed break. We boarded the ship in Los Angeles and went from there to San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada.

Glenna, I'm stuck in chapter13. But I find myself using the color adjustments in Lab more and more. I'm not as good with using sharpening or denoising in Lab. Command,Click, Control  (chapter 12) is very usefull.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

Hey Gerlinde

I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law.  Been there.  My father-in-law lived with us for 18 months before he died, and it was really tough.  He nearly burned the house down a couple of times (uh, candles and oxygen bottles don't belong in the same room!).  I had to talk to him constantly and tell him that I didn't want to come home to 14 charred bodies and no home.  It's got to be awful to get old and confused -- if I remember correctly (kidding; I'm not THAT old YET!)

I'll hope I have as much luck as you did as I get further into the LAB book!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)