• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Birthday OPR Workshop!!

Started by John, May 23, 2007, 08:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Well, we missed it by a day or two, but we're one year old this week.  I'd just like to thank everyone for sticking with the forum (and OPR, of course!).  I know things sometimes don't always move as quickly as you'd like around here, but we're plugging away and there are good things in store for 2007.

So pat yourself on the back and take a moment to reflect on all the good things that OPR members have done for so many people and I think you'll agree, that that's a pretty darn cool birthday present.

:up:

First official post, May 21, 2006, misspellings and all:

QuoteWelcome to what we hope will be a vibrant community of volunteers sharing their techniques and ideas with each other in an effort to best restore priceless photos damaged by Hurricane Katrina.  Please pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself and then particiapte in a growing list of forums dedicated to restoring memories for those affected by last year's storm.  http://www.oprworkshop.org/forum/index.php?topic=2.msg2#msg2

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

WOW!  Has it really been a year?  Happy Birthday, OPR Workshop!

John you get much credit for keeping all this going and interesting (some of the best posts are those, mine included, with hilarious typos!  Actually I call them "creative typography.") And I doubt anyone will forget the Irish decor for St. Patty's Day!

The volunteers who participate in the forum have been a large part of what's kept me going this year, and I hope we are always together, even though our work surrounds others' misfortunes.  The disasters will happen, OPR or not, and I'm glad we gathered (thank you Dave, Becky, Angela, Mike and John) to do the restorations and share our experiences as we do so.

The OPR volunteers and the forum continue to give me hope for the world!

Hugs to all of you.

Glenna

P.S.  What's everyone doing while waiting for the next batch?

P.P.S. While Christine Pentecost wasn't one of the founders of OPR, she's taken over coordination of restorations, done some incredible ones herself, and I feel she deserves kudos and thanks for her time and hard work.  Chris, you're the best!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)